Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Sounds like a strange move to me, but there will be all sorts going on behind the scenes re transfer business that we have no idea about. Hope it's not true though.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
had a feeling this might happen now that we have got promotion, of all the clubs to sign for though.
thought he would go back north if anything.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Attachments

• Murray.jpg
    Murray.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,580

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because it will be a free Im sure there will be a nice big fat signing on fee as well.

And he doesnt even need to move house!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant you spot a windup when you see one? on the day of our promotion, someone claims are leading scorer will off to our rivals... clearly a Palarse fan in the SSN office is trying to spoil our day. Done deal? they might still go down.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How to put a downer on a good day. I would be pissed

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As I said, heard this on Monday. Brighton have told him they won't go above a set amount, which I know what it is but for obvious reasons am not going to post. Palace are offering him essentially his current wage ON TOP of that top amount. And a nice lump of a signing on fee.

He is settled in the area with his new mrs - incidentally the ex of one of London Wasps - so does not want to move away. Hence his options on a new club are somewhat limited.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
cant you spot a windup when you see one? on the day of our promotion, someone claims are leading scorer will off to our rivals... clearly a Palarse fan in the SSN office is trying to spoil our day. Done deal? they might still go down.

Exactly.

Absolutely no sources or substance, and the use of the phrase "League One Berbatov" says it all.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

That's not how the media works. Might be half-true, might just be a strong rumour, might be a good source and no more but they wouldn't run something as a wind up.

The timing is significant too. Sounds like the agent may have confirmed it to SSN but told them not to run it until promotion was achieved.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
certainly spoiled my day

one thing is for sure - with timing like this he won't get the support Benno got when Norwich came calling

Walsall on Saturday suddenly got even more interesting - Wood and Barnes to start?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

As a journalist myself, if I were to produce "wind up" articles any time I fancied I would be sacked. SSN surely prides itself on being a reputable site.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton are setting an upper limit on wages for next season. One which, apparantly, Palace are offering to better. And by two or three grand a week.

At 27 this will be Murray's last chance to get a big pay day. I would suggest we could have seen this off by giving him a deal YONKS ago.
How can they afford to do that when they've just come out of Administration? Surely they haven't been able to pay back all their old debts already? (And yes I know that's not how it works, just making a point).

I must admit I will give a hollow laugh if that happens. I SAID they should have gone bust and been forced to re-form and start again at the bottom of the pyramid.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That's not how the media works. Might be half-true, might just be a strong rumour, might be a good source and no more but they wouldn't run something as a wind up.

The timing is significant too. Sounds like the agent may have confirmed it to SSN but told them not to run it until promotion was achieved.

Depends who is in what position of responsiblity. I have a mate who works for the BBC news website and by all accounts it is surprisingly easy to type up a story and click "upload".

scooter1

How soon is now?
If he goes, then so be it. It'll be a shame to lose our top scorer for nowt, but our club is being run by the right people making decent decisions. They won't be held to ransom, and it will be up to Gus and his team to go out there and find somebody to replace him. Just a shame its potentially Palace of all teams...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here