Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Surprised people are questioning Gus' long term commitment when he has been involved in rebuilding EVERYTHING at this club, from restructuring the youth set-up, to modernising the staff around the club, to helping design the new training academy.

Of course if a big job, Spurs, Chelsea Zaragoza etc came up and he was offered it then chances are he'll be off. But those clubs aren't going to want him until he's done a bit more in his management career. And getting Brighton to the Premiership would help that no end. If he wasn't commited to us then we'd likely drop down the table and even out the Championship again, then he would have no hope of getting his big dream job.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As Triggaaar said, i obviously dont watch him every week and follow everything Brighton do, but from the outside he just seems like twat.

But fair play, he has no doubt turned you around, like Dougie has done with us.

Dougie has moved you up in the table about FOUR places.

Gus turned us from League One relegation favourites to a team that DESTROYED League One (clear by SIXTEEN points at one stage) and has made us very competitive in the Championship for the first time in decades. He has also completely changed the style of football, along with helping improve the structure of the club.

Not quite the same, is it?

Along with Tony Bloom, he is one of the best things to EVER happen to BHAFC.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Gus turned us from League One relegation favourites to a team that DESTROYED League One (clear by SIXTEEN points at one stage) and has made us very competitive in the Championship for the first time in decades. He has also completely changed the style of football, along with helping improve the structure of the club.

Word

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
4 Attacking Roles
1) Martin
2) Ambrose
3) Zaha
4) ??

Jermaine Easter, at the moment.

Lots of chat on the BBS about a possible falling out between Dougie and our Muzza.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Jermaine Easter, at the moment.

Lots of chat on the BBS about a possible falling out between Dougie and our Muzza.

Ah. K.

I imagine the falling out is typical of most rumoured fallings out; a player isn't playing and so isn't happy (as one would hope of a professional footballer), chinese whispers turns this into something more substantial.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah. K.

I imagine the falling out is typical of most rumoured fallings out; a player isn't playing and so isn't happy (as one would hope of a professional footballer), chinese whispers turns this into something more substantial.

Except this one involves Glenn Murray. Different rules apply.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
"Easter had a direct hand in 3 goals on Saturday. He scored the winner at the New Den and is working well as a team member. Murray hasn't scored since Forest away, two months ago and I can't remember his last assist. Something is wrong with him and he is a very good player. Management need to sort it out but don't be negative about Easter who is doing what Dougie wants him to successfully"

"I think, with no real evidence, the moody Murray we were warned about has surfaced and Dougie is dealing with it the best way he can"

" Murray im afraid looks off the pace poor demeanor right now and others had mentioned looks pissed off. But im afarid you have to play where and how the manager tells you it appears as others have mentioned that Murray doesnt like how hes been played and if thats the case..... go back to Brighton!!! Your paid to to a job (about 5k a week) and if you get in a mood about how or where you are played jog on imho!!!"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I must admit, I did have a chuckle when this Nigel compared Freedman's half a season with Gus's accomplishments. Lets see where Palace are in a year's time under Freedman before he does that. I'm guessing they'll be relegation fodder once again with Zaha probably Wigan's latest £3m recruit.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't think it's the league places, it's the fact that they've gone from shipping 4 or 5 goals on a not unregular basis last year, to having one of the best defences in the league this year. Still pales in comparison to Gus' achievements though

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Even if it was moving them up 10 places (which he obviously hasn't) it still doesn't compare.

Gus and Tony, (taking the reins near the foot of League 1 after DK kept the club alive on a shoe-string) have over-taken Palace in every department. Yes, they won at The Amex but that is the only thing they can gloat over now so we'll allow them their celebrations as we quietly move on to a different level. All achieved incidentally without screwing ONE SINGLE CREDITOR and all taxes paid and accounted for.

It really isn't the same at all, is it?

D

Deleted member 18477

nailed it! dougie hasnt done much in comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here