Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Cant get in the team and has not scored since December.

Well worth his 200k a week wages.

:ffsparr:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
While you're here, what's the mood amongst your mob, over the Wolves fiasco?

Depends what you mean.

If they came in for Freedman i think we would tell them to f*** off.

If you mean about Gus, then most are laughing about him going. I think he wouldn't go, but i think you would be better off without him.

If you mean about how shit they are at getting a new manager, (getting rejected by glenn roeder :) ) then again most Palace fans are taking the piss.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Cant get in the team and has not scored since December.

Well worth his 200k a week wages.

:ffsparr:

And a three year contract
ohsht-1.gif

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to another thread somebody 'in the know' said that Glen Murray wanted £6k per week and we/ Gus didnt think he was worth it but Palace agreed to so he signed for them on that wage. Not 10 - 12k as has been suggested.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends what you mean.

If they came in for Freedman i think we would tell them to f*** off.

If you mean about Gus, then most are laughing about him going. I think he wouldn't go, but i think you would be better off without him.

If you mean about how shit they are at getting a new manager, (getting rejected by glenn roeder :) ) then again most Palace fans are taking the piss.

Yes, I meant are you worried about Freedman. His name being linked tonight.

Personally I'd be GUTTED if Gus left, and have promised myself I'll NOT laugh at you lot if DF goes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Too right. What has that loser ever done for us.

Last edited:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Personally I'd be GUTTED if Gus left, and have promised myself I'll NOT laugh at you lot if DF goes.

Wolves fans have mixed views over Freedman.

He did alright for them. But has said some stuff about them which they didn't like.

Only Brighton fans like Gus. He acts like a cock in the press. Suarez and talking about taking other jobs while at Brighton.

Do you think he will go?

And can you link me to Dougie being linked to the job.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

I can't believe they are seriously thinking about Freedman, sure we are a far better team thanks to him but thats not saying much and far better defensively, offensively we would be embarrassing without Zaha.

I think we are on the verge of being a very good team and if Freedman got the offer and went I would wish him well. Maybe we could have Ray Wilkins :) a bit more tactical nous and offensive work would be the kick in the right direction we need to be serious contenders next year. jmo

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the long run you will do better without him then you will with him. IMO.
We'll obviously never know, but it's fair to say that a very large majority of Brighton fans would disagree with you, and Brighton fans obviously know a lot more about what Gus has done than you do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Only Brighton fans like Gus. He acts like a cock in the press. Suarez and talking about taking other jobs while at Brighton.

Do you think he will go?

And can you link me to Dougie being linked to the job.

Loads like Gus. You're looking at him through Red and blue specs.

I THINK he won't go. Not certain any more though.

No reports on DF. I meant movement in the betting tbh.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
We'll obviously never know, but it's fair to say that a very large majority of Brighton fans would disagree with you, and Brighton fans obviously know a lot more about what Gus has done than you do.

My big doubt about Gus is, is he 100% committed to Brighton?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Gus is sorting EVERYTHING at the club, from the academy up. He's doing a brilliant job. We are watching players improve before our eyes under his charge. The guy is a genius.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why?

I'm not surprised about Murray really. I thought when he left, he's most likely played the best football he'll ever play.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Gus is sorting EVERYTHING at the club, from the academy up. He's doing a brilliant job. We are watching players improve before our eyes under his charge. The guy is a genius.

As Triggaaar said, i obviously dont watch him every week and follow everything Brighton do, but from the outside he just seems like twat.

But fair play, he has no doubt turned you around, like Dougie has done with us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My big doubt about Gus is, is he 100% committed to Brighton?

To be honest, this is the ONLY reservation, many of us have. It's not a 'doubt' though - we know where we stand. Gus' ultimate ambition in football is not to manage the Albion. However, we hope that taking us further forward over the next couple of years will get us where we want to be, and help his career at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports