Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Its only easy to consider the main point if you take 'Brighton' and 'Palace' out of the equation. If you played for Burnley and then Preston offered you more money, would you go? If you played for Derby and Forest offered you a better deal, would you go? Its not so black and white in these cases.

I understand where you're coming from, but even from a neutral point of view, I don't think I'd go from one to the other. Personally I don't think I could deal with that many people despising me, especially as most of them had adored me for the previous couple of years. For example, if Ricky Lambert went and signed for Portsmouth, I'd think he was an absolute idiot. And that is from a completely neutral perspective, whereas you'd expect that a lot of players would have a slight preference towards the team they play for, it's natural to do so (and by that I don't mean loyalty, I just mean caring a small amount for said team)

Also, as brought up earlier - if my wage was to raise by 2k a week, I'd have increased my wage by more than double what it is now, so of course I would move. However, I'd like to think that if I was in a job that I enjoyed, earning far more than 6 figures in a year, then unless the new job offered far more exciting opportunities to me, the extra money wouldn't mean an awful lot and I wouldn't take it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus seems rather laid-back about Muzza's likely departure, which suggests to me a better play will come in if Muzza does join the dark side... oh well, we move on...

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Its only easy to consider the main point if you take 'Brighton' and 'Palace' out of the equation. If you played for Burnley and then Preston offered you more money, would you go? If you played for Derby and Forest offered you a better deal, would you go? Its not so black and white in these cases.

Aren't Blackpool & Preston bitter enemies,
and separately Blackburn & Burnley?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Watch the backtracking on here if this turns out to be true and he send up re-signing for us :lolol:

I've always said that Glenn Murray is a fine fellow :) :) :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A short sighted career move that will bring Murray a few quid and not much else. I'll remember his excellent play this season fondly, but he has been a complete and utter PLANK over this move. Despite the "riches" of CPFC2010 they are a team in transition looking tread water and consolidate at best next season, we on the other hand are a team with a FUTURE and management team with enough vision to overcome his departure.

Honestly I can understand Glenn's desire for a decent payday, but is Palace really the best he can do. I'm afraid this poverty of ambition on Murray's reflects very poorly on him. I very much look forward to giving him both barrels both at Shitehurst and the gleaming theatre of dreams that is the Amex next season.

Cheerio Glenn I hope you enjoy your money as you won't be enjoying much else next season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Watch the backtracking on here if this turns out to be true and he send up re-signing for us :lolol:

I agree! Its very simple as far as I'm concerned at the moment. Right now, he is a Brighton player and I love him. If he leaves and goes to another Championship club, I will wish him well. If he leaves and goes to Palace, I'll hate him bitterly forever.

I am however, under no illusions. He was a massive player for us this year and our entire team suffered without him. If he leaves, I don't think it'll be as easy as people think to replace him.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I remember when I used to work in Worthing. I was getting more money, but decided to jump ship and work for a local company in Newhaven. I thought it would be better. 10 min drive instead of 45 mins.

I started my new job, and absolutely hated it. I hated the way the company worked and the boss was the biggest arsehole going. He looked like a moose as well.

The final straw for me was when we where all called in to a meeting, and told that some of us had been observed, taking 20 seconds extra for our tea break.

Next day I went in and told the moose I was leaving, did my last shift and luckily got my original job back in Worthing.

Sometimes the grass is not always greener.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sounds like this is not a done deal and the Mail has jumped the gun. If it is about money and they genuinely can't match Southampton or Milwall, then he won't sign for them simple as.

I'd personally HATE him to go to Southampton.

Deluded I know, but I still think there is a small glimmer of hope he might sign for us, strikers of his all round ability are hard to come by.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So his agent leaked something to the Mail before it was all done

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's interesting that apart from Freedman denying Murray having a medical he also implied that they are in the hunt for Bosmans "As that's the market we're in". So much for all the talk of CPFC2010 being ready to pump in for new players.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
anyone burned a "Murray" shirt...? I'm feeling bad for screwing up my son's Goody Bag poster...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's interesting that apart from Freedman denying Murray having a medical he also implied that they are in the hunt for Bosmans "As that's the market we're in". So much for all the talk of CPFC2010 being ready to pump in for new players.

True, but equally Gus's comment "They are offering plenty of money and we cannot compete with that, so it's difficult." also suggests that we couldn't match his request.

I wonder if Glenn has given them a verbal agreement but is holding out on actually signing? Dunno, just trying to explain why we can see so many conflicting reports in the press

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Daily Mail: Crystal Palace have completed the free transfer capture of striker Glenn Murray, whose 22 goals propelled Brighton to the League One title. Brighton tried desperately to persuade him to sign a new contract and Millwall were also hovering.

No, Brighton don't think he's worth more than £7.5k a week.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ok so now we have 120 + pages of this shite...............tarra our glenn , f*** off and fail,you know you're gonna....and anyone connected with palace in any way , you can f*** off as well ........you shifty , spineless C@NTS.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
ok so now we have 120 + pages of this shite...............tarra our glenn , f*** off and fail,you know you're gonna....and anyone connected with palace in any way , you can f*** off as well ........you shifty , spineless C@NTS.

Say what you feel, don't hold back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports