Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
:clap: Top post!

We saw Glenn Murray at his peak this season. He won't repeat that again. Our loss is definately Palaces bigger loss.

Let's hope so. I fully agree that Glenn Murray has been a lazy bastard for most of his time here. I just hope we can replace the goals because without them, we could really struggle. In Gus we trust.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Am sure so many Bha fans woudn't leave their jobs for better money, I would however we fans have it in our blood to hate each other:angry::rant:
The players dont, unless of course Murray is a Seaweed fan? Why would he stay at Bha there's no loyalty anymore peeps!! us fans could never change clubs we support the very thought of it make us sick to the stomach!!:wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:
I know you lot think your as big or now bigger than the mighty Palace:lol::lol::lol::lol: but the last 20 years shows your not any where near simple as that, 2 administations point deductions and we have still managed to remain in the top two divisions, where as Bha have managed a couple of seasons at best, I've lived in L'hampton 5 years and we haven't played once, so roll on next year, lets see if Bha can survive in the championship??? Knowing Bha you will go straight back down again,
I must admit to being jealous of Falmer but Huddesfield town also have a fab stadium look where they've been!
Sure it certainly does look promising for Bha but time will tell???
I have to say fair play to ya
I was at the march when Archer sold you all down the river so I do feel slightly happy for the long suffering true fans,even tho some Bha gave me stick for being there! I work with some Bha old school so perhaps Iv'e mellowed over the years! and do love Sussex
Anyway see you next season girls:drunk::bigwave::wanker::wanker::wanker:

If truth be told, if you had to settle your debts before being taken over you would not have a club to support. That's a fact. And this is the reality of lots of other clubs too.

Your club is already splashing the cash with money that you don't really have. Your relying on season ticket sales to pay the wages of these players, which never works when your paying players 10k a week in wages with attendances of around 12k

Palace is no different to any other club. You might make it to the premiership one day, but you wont stay there because you don't have enough money.

Unless your owners are prepared to spend hundreds of millions of pounds out of their own pockets you are no different.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I get the distinct impression it's not so much a matter of not being able to afford him but more a case of his expectations being higher than the club are prepared tp pay. Palace paying over the odds for a player is nothing new and I would have thought that Messers Bloom and Poyet have a backup strategy. It's a loss yes but not a need for panic. Palace are taking a bit of a gamble but there again unlike our chairman in the past theirs have not played with their own money.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thats a shame. Obviously Gus thinks he can get someone better in for the ludicrous amount they are offering for an unproven champ striker... I would have been more worried if Southampton or Millwall had signed him because I think he'd get much better service than in a relegation threatened team. Hey ho. :wanker:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He did the biz for us last season and has earned a contract that most of us wold join Palace for. Give him a break, say thanks for last season and move on. If Palace go down, I doubt if Murray would care that much, but at least he'd have a healthy bank balance. Who wouldn't want that?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He did the biz for us last season and has earned a contract that most of us wold join Palace for. Give him a break, say thanks for last season and move on. If Palace go down, I doubt if Murray would care that much, but at least he'd have a healthy bank balance. Who wouldn't want that?

Assuming that history doesn't repeat itself that is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Murray is a strange one for me. I've never really warmed to him and i'm not fussed if he leaves if i'm honest. Not taking anything away from him as he had a storming season for us and I've enjoyed his goal celebrations and defensive qualities. Even in the promotion videos he never really let his hair down and his radio interviews make him a real dull character compared to Painter and Dicker.

On a side note i don't know why people think the money he is asking will put pressure on Palace. A lot of decent Championship players are on 10k and more per week. Yes he is untried at that level but considering they have picked him up on a free i think they have got a bargain even if they pay him 10k a week.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Sort of reminds me of those relationship you're in . You're with a girl that you love but you can't love her unconditionally because deep down you know its all gonna end in tears even during the good times

Sep 1, 2010
With your comments saying people been saying stupid things, then you come out with this stupid comment that for comedy value you hope murray scores 3 vs us, why dont you go and become a palace fan yourself then.
As we dont need players like murray or fans like you at our club, i personally wasnt that bothered if he stayed or went but to Palace, come on, and then your comments, you related to Murray or a friend of his ?
Stupid comments that you wish Palace to score 3 past us and them to be from a man who is going purely for Money and you feel this is a deserving to score 3 past your own team.
your a Tool, good riddance to Murray and to you Art vs Science you Fool.
Your also money mad Art vs Science, not everything and everyone goes on money, thats why our country is in the shit it is because of Money and greed.

"In a comedy way, hope Murray scores 3 goals next season......."

If you cannot even read, do not bother. Your point about money and greed, absolutely laughable considering the big picture AND you are making a point based on nothing i have argued about, just on the back of a sweeping statement which made no sense either. TRULY awful misunderstanding of any point i have made.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
"In a comedy way, hope Murray scores 3 goals next season......."

If you cannot even read, do not bother. Your point about money and greed, absolutely laughable considering the big picture AND you are making a point based on nothing i have argued about, just on the back of a sweeping statement which made no sense either. TRULY awful misunderstanding of any point i have made.

I do agree with the sentiment of many of your points, but I just can't see the comparison with any of us in the business world. Football is completely different. For one of us to go to a rival competitor for more money would perhaps annoy our boss, who we probably didn't like anyway. The rest of our colleagues would probably wish us well, and be happy for us. As opposed to becoming hated by 30,000+ people in the city that you live in, meaning that you would struggle to be able to go out in that city without getting a fair amount of stick.

If he had gone to any other club, even Southampton, for an increased wage then I suspect most of our fans would have said 'fair enough,he's going to earn more money. Thanks for the goals, good luck in the future.

But signing for Palace, our biggest rivals - and that's hardly a secret - then he is only bringing it on himself.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps the goal celebration was always a reference to the 2002 Selhurst result...?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I do agree with the sentiment of many of your points, but I just can't see the comparison with any of us in the business world. Football is completely different. For one of us to go to a rival competitor for more money would perhaps annoy our boss, who we probably didn't like anyway. The rest of our colleagues would probably wish us well, and be happy for us. As opposed to becoming hated by 30,000+ people in the city that you live in, meaning that you would struggle to be able to go out in that city without getting a fair amount of stick.

If he had gone to any other club, even Southampton, for an increased wage then I suspect most of our fans would have said 'fair enough,he's going to earn more money. Thanks for the goals, good luck in the future.

But signing for Palace, our biggest rivals - and that's hardly a secret - then he is only bringing it on himself.

Its only easy to consider the main point if you take 'Brighton' and 'Palace' out of the equation. If you played for Burnley and then Preston offered you more money, would you go? If you played for Derby and Forest offered you a better deal, would you go? Its not so black and white in these cases.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Perhaps the goal celebration was always a reference to the 2002 Selhurst result...?

Or it's the old "I'm worth a 5-figure wage every week: otherwise I'll f*** off elsewhere" trick. Probably.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That sounds pretty final to me.

Farewell Glen thanks for the memories. :bigwave:

I don't know what all the fuss is about, we will finish above Palace next season and we will sign better players than Glen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here