Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For someone with a temperament as churchmouse-timid and as brittle as his to take this particular risk seems a genuinely very daft decision to me and as such I'm more baffled than angry about it (although don't me wrong, I'll happily applaud approvingly as he's lynched on the pitch at Falmer at half-time). Let's face it, he won't be able to show his face in Brighton/Hove/Worthing again without someone referring to him a terrible c*nt to his face, plus we know far better than the stripey nigels that something as relatively trivial as a slightly unhappy girlfriend can seriously throw his game off-line for months at a time. That's not to mention joining a team that has a) had serious money worries and b) struggled terribly on the pitch recently. Murray seems such a wimp of an individual frankly that I can imagine his agent cooking much of this up and him being unable or unwilling to think the consequences of it through properly himself. It says a lot about him, sadly.

Ah well. It's definitely a sizable but far from irreplacable loss on the field, no question about that. But far, far better than having someone who thinks they can blithely hold the club to ransom.
:clap:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
There's Only One Glenn Murray, One Glenn Murray,
his career will now fade,
he'll never get paid,
playing for the crystal palace scum.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
There's Only One Glenn Murray, One Glenn Murray,
his career will now fade,
he'll never get paid,
playing for the crystal palace scum.

Sep 1, 2010
The guy is a selfish greedy money grabbing lying git, does that not remind you of anyone?

Oh really? stop using crass generalisations. Murray has gone(I think) get over it. It is all about the dollar for him, and that is his choice. Amazing how the word loyalty gets banded about in football like we are some form of moral example. Utter rubbish. We move on, we(hopefully) get stronger and build a good TEAM and not one being held by money demands of one player. He can do what he likes, i would rather have him at Albion, but it is not to be. People using shit football loyalty arguements are stuck in the wrong era of existence

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
That's that then...

See you at Falmer :bigwave: be sure to bring your rotten fruit, not just for Murray but for our poor and hungry fans...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
like it or not i have to admit i will keep an eye on him next season , but the words that are currently repeating themselves in my mind are "f*** you then ya kant"

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
We made Murray whilst Palace will finish Murray. In the words of Jimmy Greaves "football's a funny old game" just take a look at Leon Knight.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Oh really? stop using crass generalisations. Murray has gone(I think) get over it. It is all about the dollar for him, and that is his choice. Amazing how the word loyalty gets banded about in football like we are some form of moral example. Utter rubbish. We move on, we(hopefully) get stronger and build a good TEAM and not one being held by money demands of one player. He can do what he likes, i would rather have him at Albion, but it is not to be. People using shit football loyalty arguements are stuck in the wrong era of existence

i for 1, 100% respect that but palace? pssht anywhere else -.-

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth

wrong era of existence? Jesus I must of gone back in time then because I'm sure I just saw Craig Bellamy stating he'll stay at Cardiff rather than picking up a big wage for a prem club purely on the fact of passion. How long has Wenger, Ferguson, Giggs , Scholes and Gary Hart been about fortheir clubs? how many medals do they share together? These are the people who get the ultimate praise in football but sadly some idiots (like yourself) only see football as a buisness.

your probably one those guys who can understand and justifies Harry Redknapps career moves too.

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2010
wrong era of existence? Jesus I must of gone back in time then because I'm sure I just saw Craig Bellamy stating he'll stay at Cardiff rather than picking up a big wage for a prem club purely on the fact of passion. How long has Wenger, Ferguson, Giggs , Scholes and Gary Hart been about fortheir clubs? how many medals do they share together? These are the people who get the ultimate praise in football but sadly some idiots (like yourself) only see football as a buisness.

At the point of not being sure you can actually read properly, i am off. Carry on with the comic reading and good luck

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
. The MURRAY thing is JUST him wanting a better deal and HIM getting it. Like i say ambition? very questionable retort based on the past, which is what you are referring to. I would rather work in a run down office for £50,000 than a modern one for £20,000. Fact of life. The company potential is out of my control quite frankly

Since when was Murrays agent a NSC user?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I have to say the whole if another employer/company offered you more money thing a bit obscene to be honest, people condone/understand him leaving because he is offered, lets say at a conservative estimate 2k more than we were willing to offer that is a lot of money for an entire year I grant however the comparison just doesn't stand up, people are offered better wage by other companies every day, the difference here is that they might be offered lets say 2k more over an entire year, to us that would be a staggering pay rise. A footballer being offered 8k a week going to another club who offer him a few thousand more is just pure greediness. This is the thing that grates me about even higher level players.

Excuse any errors, tiredness has set in!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I have to say the whole if another employer/company offered you more money thing a bit obscene to be honest, people condone/understand him leaving because he is offered, lets say at a conservative estimate 2k more than we were willing to offer that is a lot of money for an entire year I grant however the comparison just doesn't stand up, people are offered better wage by other companies every day, the difference here is that they might be offered lets say 2k more over an entire year, to us that would be a staggering pay rise. A footballer being offered 8k a week going to another club who offer him a few thousand more is just pure greediness. This is the thing that grates me about even higher level players.

as well as the fact its palace!!!! FFS

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth

Excuse any errors, tiredness has set in!

Exactly

he has put money infront of success. Any great manager will tell you this is the attitude which spells failure.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
You are referring to banter essentially, which yes, is fine but some of the shit that is posted on more pressing Albion matters is absolutely vile. In a comedy way, hope Murray scores 3 goals next season.........but that is a universe apart from the real world. EVERY ONE of you would do the same if you were offer a lot more money working for the company what are considered your existing rivals. If he wants to go, i rather he would. It was perfectly obvious this was the case, which is why i butt out of the casual smarmeries of praise based on the fact it is not real.

With your comments saying people been saying stupid things, then you come out with this stupid comment that for comedy value you hope murray scores 3 vs us, why dont you go and become a palace fan yourself then.
As we dont need players like murray or fans like you at our club, i personally wasnt that bothered if he stayed or went but to Palace, come on, and then your comments, you related to Murray or a friend of his ?
Stupid comments that you wish Palace to score 3 past us and them to be from a man who is going purely for Money and you feel this is a deserving to score 3 past your own team.
your a Tool, good riddance to Murray and to you Art vs Science you Fool.
Your also money mad Art vs Science, not everything and everyone goes on money, thats why our country is in the shit it is because of Money and greed.

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Glen Murray has got to be the lowest of the low out of former Albion players. I can't think of anyone who will be hated as much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here