Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Sep 1, 2010
And...........that 56 odd page Murray thread, seems to be full of teenage rants, 42 yr olds that still think it is 1984 and just complete cocks. I do not often rant on here but f*** anyone that has posted things like wishing him harm/injury or taking a stance of ridiculous loyalty. We had NO club 14 yrs ago, and now we do with a bloody good future based on solid morals lead by the right kind of chairman. WHAT? you do not think Palace should be able to buy players because of the admin thing but you want OUR club to lay out under pinned on the same issues.....oh f*** off. I would rather be in League one than in Administration. Players/contracts will get tougher as we go up the leagues, but just falling over ourselves to give players that for short term league status is a massive mistake and that should be acknowledged more.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite right. I've never understood the silly "rivalry" with Crystal Palace. They are just a club like any other and I personally wish Glenn all success next season.

I wouldn't wish him physical ill of course, that's just wrong, but wish him success? That's ridiculous.

I hope he never scores another goal and his career disappears straight down the nearest toilet with unprecedented rapidity. I don't expect him to be loyal to us, but nor do I see why anyone should expect me to wish him well. I hope his lack of pace and absence of experience at this level is found out and he becomes the Mark Farrington of Selhurst Park. And I hope he spends the season getting bugger all service at the head of a team desperately battling relegation again.

Clearly Gus doesn't think he's worth the money either or we'd have coughed up, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that he proves an expensive embarrassment for Palace, and trust Poyet's judgement to be as right on this one as it was with Forster.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
And...........that 56 odd page Murray thread, seems to be full of teenage rants, 42 yr olds that still think it is 1984 and just complete cocks. I do not often rant on here but f*** anyone that has posted things like wishing him harm/injury or taking a stance of ridiculous loyalty. We had NO club 14 yrs ago, and now we do with a bloody good future based on solid morals lead by the right kind of chairman. WHAT? you do not think Palace should be able to buy players because of the admin thing but you want OUR club to lay out under pinned on the same issues.....oh f*** off. I would rather be in League one than in Administration. Players/contracts will get tougher as we go up the leagues, but just falling over ourselves to give players that for short term league status is a massive mistake and that should be acknowledged more.

Couldn't agree more, bloody well put fella!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Done deal

murray will a cpfc player next season

That is possible but lets be honest he will have only signed for you for the money. There is no other reason why he would want to leave Brighton (the place and the club) for a team like Palace. Lets be honest you have struggled for the last couple of years while we have just got promotion and have a new stadium so are a team on the up. If he does sign for you as the article and rumours have said, you are getting a mercenary and good luck to you. If Murray had signed for any club but you and Southampton, I would have said fair enough but he will get a bad reception at the Amex and deserve it. He was great for us this year but all that good will has gone with him signing for our rivals.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Glenn, Good Luck
Free advice; Get as much from your contract as you can up front - in cash, because those bunch of wankers will soon be pleading bankruptcy again.
FFS don't sign a pay cut for relegation clause, because you don't want to be in the 3rd division again - even though that is your preferred level.
And make sure you're "injured" when Croydon play at Falmer

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm surprised how relaxed I am about this. Maybe a somewhat naive trust that everything will work out OK. Nice to see the VAST majority of fans backing Gus. Any other manager 'letting' someone like Glenn walk would be lynched.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Murray called when he got the word,
he said: "I suppose you've heard -
About Palace".
Well I rushed to the window,
And I looked outside,
But I could hardly believe my eyes -
As a big limousine rolled up
Into Murray's drive...

Oh, I don't know why he's leaving,
Or where he's gonna go,
I guess he's got his reasons,
But I just don't want to know,
'Cos since July twenty-forth
I've been living next door to Palace.
Palace? who the f*** are Palace??!!??

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
There's Only One Glenn Murray, One Glenn Murray, He Used to be Gay, But now he's Okay, Walking in a Murray Wonderland

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Done deal.

Murray is cpfc

Palace offer almost double what Millwall and Brighton offer...... trying to buy the dream on credit MK3.... do you c*nts ever learn.:wrong:

Murray is not CPFC..... he is simply a short sighted money grabbing twat who will wear a Palace shirt :wanker:

You Red'n'Blue are CPFC and you're just a twat :wanker: minus the 12 grand a week.

I hope somebody changes the administraion rules for football clubs....3 strikes and you're out.... WHEN it happens again, you should be left to go to the wall..... 2 bob club living a 5 bob life on credit.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

...and relax. I agree with the majority of your post. However, I wish him ill. Not harm or injury but the opposite of wishing him well, as I would have done had he joined any other club. I hate Palace.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You are getting on your high horse a bit here. I doubt there are many who wish him to get injured but he has shown himself to be a mercenary if he does sign for Palace so we are hardly going to wish him well. If his agent cared a bit about his career he would recommend he stayed with us but as with a lot of agents he wants money whenever he can get it. We are lucky that Bridcutt's agent (who I seem to remember was Mark Cartwright) had the good sense to recommend he stayed with us rather than filling his head with the better deals available. Whether it will last or not is irrelevant but for next season we have 18,000 season ticket holders and Palace are hoping for 10,000. Where is your ambition Glenn Murray?

Sep 1, 2010
...and relax. I agree with the majority of your post. However, I wish him ill. Not harm or injury but the opposite of wishing him well, as I would have done had he joined any other club. I hate Palace.

You are referring to banter essentially, which yes, is fine but some of the shit that is posted on more pressing Albion matters is absolutely vile. In a comedy way, hope Murray scores 3 goals next season.........but that is a universe apart from the real world. EVERY ONE of you would do the same if you were offer a lot more money working for the company what are considered your existing rivals. If he wants to go, i rather he would. It was perfectly obvious this was the case, which is why i butt out of the casual smarmeries of praise based on the fact it is not real.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
WOW!! I am amazed at that. Not bothered in the slightest (would have been had he gone before the end of the season), as I think Murray was playing at the hight of his game, and I dont think he'll keep that up for another season, which is why Gus doesnt seem to bothered, but WOW!! What a strange strange choice!!! Why leave a side on the up, for a team in decline. He'll struggle to make an impact there, and end up back in the lower divisions in the next year or two.

Sep 1, 2010
You are getting on your high horse a bit here. I doubt there are many who wish him to get injured but he has shown himself to be a mercenary if he does sign for Palace so we are hardly going to wish him well. If his agent cared a bit about his career he would recommend he stayed with us but as with a lot of agents he wants money whenever he can get it. We are lucky that Bridcutt's agent (who I seem to remember was Mark Cartwright) had the good sense to recommend he stayed with us rather than filling his head with the better deals available. Whether it will last or not is irrelevant but for next season we have 18,000 season ticket holders and Palace are hoping for 10,000. Where is your ambition Glenn Murray?

No i am not. And quite frankly as i have already said, you would do the same thing in your job. Don't compare Bridcutt with Murray because that is shit too, if Bridcutt has a blinding season and was out of contract the same situation would occur. Don't measure ambition with money that is rubbish too, he is 27, his last chance(probably) of a lump sum AND increased wage, he is 27..........NOT 20

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
An unusual policy, does he? It seems that Poyet ties up those that he sees as being an integral part. From the outset, yo ucan see why Poyet/Bloom were not keen to tie Glenn down with a big contract at the start of the season or midway through. He appeared to not do enough to justify his (potential/acutal) demands. Let's face it. His first two years were pretty shoddy when you see how good he could be, whether that be due to fitness issues or lack of application or being unhappy. Would he have performed quite so well if he had a cushy three year contract waiting for him at the end of the season? .
:clap: Top post!

We saw Glenn Murray at his peak this season. He won't repeat that again. Our loss is definately Palaces bigger loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here