Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All the more reason to hate Palace. Nice one Glenn, bring it on I say!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
an advert for Russian Love Match

oh, wrong thread possibly.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Gus or Bloom won't be affected in the slightest. Just fans letting off steam.

Gus proved as a player and manager that a winner, and always positive as a man.

It's football business to them and was on the cards for 6 months.

If they wanted to, they could meet the pay demands, so it's their call.

Just frees up even more £kX per week on not meeting the Palace or Millwall package, for replacements (plural).

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Look very carefully at what Gus has actually said regarding the matter, he was quoted as saying;

'We have made what we consider to be a good offer for a player unproven at Championship level'

Reading between the lines, this tells me that higher wages will be on offer for strikers who are proven at the higher level.

Poyet knows exactly what he is doing, as does Bloom.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
look very carefully at what gus has actually said regarding the matter, he was quoted as saying;

'we have made what we consider to be a good offer for a player unproven at championship level'

reading between the lines, this tells me that higher wages will be on offer for strikers who are proven at the higher level.

Poyet knows exactly what he is doing, as does bloom.

this

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I always think in these cases. Sign a deal for a year at fair wages. If he meets certain criteria and targets it automatically triggers two more years at what we would consider for a 'proven champ player' and if not player has option to extend another single year at old wage or seek new club.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone that thinks Murray is not that important to us is wrong, i agree that we shouldnt offer silly money for him but we have been poor when he has not played this year. Im sure Gus and Tony will replace him tho.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Letting our best player go for free is good is it?

Of course I would rather he had signed a new contract before it had expired this summer but unfortunately that did not happen. What I mean is that we are not going to pay players more than we think they are worth. That is the right way to go.

If he goes. he goes.

No player is bigger than the club (remember the Nicky Forster affair) ... Gus got that that right and we can trust his judgement again. As a point of principle he won't offer more than he feels Glen is worth as an unproven Championship player.

Of course we can afford to match any offers that have been made to him, but what message would that send out to the rest of the squad? If you want a pay rise, just threaten to leave! No!!

I guarantee that when we line up for that first league game in August, with our best 11 players, we'll all be excited! The two players standing in the centre circle with the ball at their feet (toss permitting of course!) one of them will probably be Ashley Barnes, the other, currently unknown; but we'll be excited! Because he'll be a proven goalscorer at this level and possibly higher. A "name", someone who will quite possibly be on more money than Glen Murray!

I want Glen to stay, because I think he's good enough, but the prospect of him making way for someone even better is actually preferable in my opinion!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
an advert for Russian Love Match

oh, wrong thread possibly.

Thank you Superphil. With the exception of this post, every comment made on this page has been made a dozen times before over the previous 54pages. Possibly time to end it? How about we all agree not to mention Murray again until he either signs for us, or someone else. Deal?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
A snide part of me thinks though couldn't we get Muzza to sign a contract and agree to transfer list him straight away to ensure we get some money?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't believe Poyet ever rated him, probably more to do with general attitude than talent.

He's undoubtedly improved him this season, but both Bloom and Poyet have still have enough concerns about not to offer above what they consider to be his worth.

He doesn't want to play for the club, so he is best gone. Although he was our best striker last season, I'll be honest to say I've never really liked him and won't miss him a jot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports