Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What worries me is if we cannot afford the wages he wants how will we be able to get someone his equal or better?

I don't think it's that we can't afford the wages he wants, it's more that gus doesn't see him as worth that amount.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Not all Palace fans don't think it's in the bag. On holmedale this evening:

"The clubs competiting for Murray's signiture will hardly have the finances to massively outbid Brighton for his survices if brighton are finacially sound.

I suspect Murray is only in negiotiations with Palace to improve his barganin position with BHA. Either that or Brighton fans are hugely overoptimistic about the stutus of their club."

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its pretty clear to me we will delve pretty heavily into the Foriegn market to get more for our money, that and a few top quality loans from prem sides.

I honestly beleive if Gus really wanted GM to stay TB would have paid the cash....TB is about to turn over the River card....its the sharp end of the poker game now...

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Correction:

Not all Palace fans think it's in the bag. On holmedale this evening:

"The clubs competiting for Murray's signiture will hardly have the finances to massively outbid Brighton for his survices if brighton are finacially sound.

I suspect Murray is only in negiotiations with Palace to improve his barganin position with BHA. Either that or Brighton fans are hugely overoptimistic about the stutus of their club."

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
What worries me is if we cannot afford the wages he wants how will we be able to get someone his equal or better?

The figures quoted on here as top of our pay scale are competetive with plenty of other Championship teams. And i'm sure there are plenty of good players who would come to us & earn that amount.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

f*** me I think that there are more spelling mistakes in the post above than one post has managed since NSC started. Well done that Palace lad :thumbsup:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
How are we going to replace Glenn Murray if we cannot afford Glenn Murray in the first place.

We cant get someone better than Murray with less wages surely? If we want a proven Championship player, surely he will cost more than what Murray is asking for? Or are we pinning our hopes on Ashley Barnes to make the step up at his young age?

Strange move on Glenn's part, but if money is what he wants, then thats up to him. A large proportion of Brighton fans didnt seem to rate him until January this year, so maybe that could be why he is off.

We have proved we are a worse team without him in it, so its going to be one hell of a signing to replace his goals, all round link up play and defending.

This

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I trust Gus to replace him. But for people saying they are not bothered that we are heading into a new season having lost our top scorer and one of top three players is ridiculous.

Will we recover? Probably. Is it still a blow? Certainly.

Murray does not suddenly become shit because we don't think he is worth £10,000 a week.

and this.

BIG loss to us, look at how we performed without him.

It will cost us a lot to replace him.

Would have been disappointed if he left for anyone, but Palarse just makes it worse.

Just shows that money talks, and Murray's listened.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My signature is offensive apparently? Who knew the Inbetweeners, a comedy, is offensive...

A signature is different from an avatar. Your avatar is offensive because it includes a Palace fan. :thumbsup:

Aldridge Prior

Aug 3, 2010
Palace have offered him £30,000 a week and a £500k signing on fee. *taps nose*

He told me in the petrol station when I was filling up my moped.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What because you may be getting a striker who has had 1 good season and we don't feel he is good enough to step up? Yeah well done. :wanker:

speak for yourself not me please :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
rubbish. you would love to keep him if you could.

Keep a player who has submitted 2 transfer requests in the past? Personally, I think we'd be better off with him but if he wants to go, especially to you lot, then bollocks to him. It won't be long before he wants away from Croydon anyway so enjoy the moment, he'll be off (or wanting to be off) quicker than you lot can say '2 administrations'.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
rubbish. you would love to keep him if you could.

Very true(IMO anyway)

But Bloom has said that whilst he's paid for the Stadium, the Football Club has to be self-financing.

We won't be paying silly wages or going into Admin either.

History shows Palace have a somewhat different approach to these matters.

"The clubs competiting for Murray's signiture will hardly have the finances to massively outbid Brighton for his survices if brighton are finacially sound

I thought about this today...Murray signs for big salary. Unproven at this level does ok (like he did for the first few seasons with us) scores a few but doesn't set the world alight, palarse struggle financially to meet new wages demands of other players, struggle in the league because they need a proven goalscorer, 7k season tickets sold, fans get on Murray's back, he sulks....well you can see where i am heading ;-)

Is this the pathway to relegation for Palarse??? :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here