Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It's all one subject though really, just a mass of Murray childish ramblings which once we have an official Murray has signed for x thread is where we can move this thread to!

So, do you consider all threads to contain "childish ramblings" then? Surely, peoples opinions on this topic are just as valid as those on other topics?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
That must be some ink, if its taking this long to dry!

he is obviosuly thinking about the style of play that suits him, the fanstatic free flowing football under Gus of which he has come into his own and banged in 20 goals or the long goal kicking missing out 8 of the 11 players on the pitch that the pikeys play?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Looks like GM and his agent may have screwed Palace into a large signing on fee apart from his wage demands. Palace will get a 20 goal a season League 1 striker which they'll need for the 2012/13 season after finishing bottom of the Championship.

Indeed. Perhaps this is all a cunning plan - Murray knows he isn't good enough for the Championship so is choosing the club with the best prospects of getting back to his level (League 1) the following season. Either that or he has a serious lack of ambition. Whatever, good luck to him. Hope that Palace manage to pay their wage bill in 6 months time.

Edit: Are there any insurance companies that offer payment protection insurance for players wages? Mr Murray would do well to take out a policy!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Edit: Are there any insurance companies that offer payment protection insurance for players wages? Mr Murray would do well to take out a policy!
Just think , the premiums would be astronomical given CPFC's past history :lol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's all one subject though really, just a mass of Murray childish ramblings which once we have an official Murray has signed for x thread is where we can move this thread to!
Well, no it isn't one subject. There was one thread for all the initial 'Judas' comments, there was one for looking at aspect of club/player/fan loyalty within the context of the Murray transfer and there was a 'fresh' one today (when the news broke that we were losing the race) which was looking at how replaceable he'd be and wondering why Poyet hadn't re-negotiated earlier.

If that's all the same subject you may as well have a thread called 'football' and merge all football-related stuff onto that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We made the offer and it wasn't enough for him,so i hope the board scrap the contract and get rid,talking to palace is bad enough and nevermind all this waiting.

God i hope he goes :drink:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't think Murray's ever been happy here, I just want this mess over and done with so we can concentrate on getting a replacement in.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
This thread is a MESS!

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
has signed a three year contract with Crystal Palace and will be anounced on monday . Has been told will play alongside vaughan whos agent has agreed personel terms today before his 1m from Everton . Very surprised we can afford both .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Murray's ever been happy here, I just want this mess over and done with so we can concentrate on getting a replacement in.

Looked very happy for quite a lot of this season to me. Anyway we don't employ players to be happy we employ them to be good and on that front he was top notch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was just thinking the same thing. Surely it isn't beyond the wit of the mods to recognise that there are different strands to the saga, and also new developments day by day. Lumping it all in one 50+ page mass isn't helpful.

There are quote functions, and multi-quote functions, which make it quite easy for any poster to keep their conversation clear.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
has signed a three year contract with Crystal Palace and will be anounced on monday . Has been told will play alongside vaughan whos agent has agreed personel terms today before his 1m from Everton . Very surprised we can afford both .

Ok then, best strike pairing in the relegation dogfight :thumbsup:

Ps you might want to add "bypayingwageswecouldntafford" to your username

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Hmm, interesting.

I wonder if that would be true as Vaughan is still on holiday. Obviously his agent can work a deal for him, but i'm not sure.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What worries me is if we cannot afford the wages he wants how will we be able to get someone his equal or better?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The sentence should be shortened to "I don't think Murray's ever been happy".

He can't help it, but he's naturally shy and a bit melancholy.

But a bloody good player & striker. I hope he stays, as long as by his standards, he's happy around the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports