Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As said before, this signing is virtually 99% complete and basically just waiting on the ink to dry on the contract.

However, given some of the comments on here by some Brighton fans, if there was a very last second hitch and he did decide to stay at Brighton it would be so funny seeing how quickly people's opinions would change again!

How would they change? Most people have said he's good, they'd rather he stayed, but not at any cost as he's replaceable and would be making from a playing perspective a huge mistake. That won't change whether he goes or stays, TBH. I think he'll go as Palace seem desperate enough to chuck silly money at him. I suppose if you're not paying a fee (say £2million for a decent Champ striker under contract) you can rationalise it a bit by effectively spreading that out on wages over 3/4 seasons.

That said, I'm certain we'll finish above you next season and even Murray must suspect that.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I would like him to stay but not at a premium. Regardless, I'd accept the view of a title winning manager that sees him train every day and a chairman who has all the figures to hand (as opposed to the rumoured ones) over anyone else's.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
IF he goes to pikesville I wonder how long until he "fits in" with their style of play and how many murraysulks it will take until the palarse fans turn on him. A decent wage will only be good for as long as it takes palarse to sell him on next summer......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like GM and his agent may have screwed Palace into a large signing on fee apart from his wage demands. Palace will get a 20 goal a season League 1 striker which they'll need for the 2012/13 season after finishing bottom of the Championship.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Hope he stays, but 20+ goals in League One is no indicator of how many he'd score against far better teams in the Champ', whether it be with us or them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1000 replies over a transfer which will actually make very little difference to our lives in the long run...???

You may as well say NSC will make very little difference to our lives in the long run.....which is almost certainly true!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
1000 replies over a transfer which will actually make very little difference to our lives in the long run...???

Technically it's not a transfer really as Murray is a free agent.

You are questioning why so many Albion have an opinion regarding our top scorer in a title winning season walking away from us to our fiercest rivals?

Oh deary me :facepalm:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That must be some ink, if its taking this long to dry!

Expect he is hoping someone else comes in with a similar deal so he can tell Palace to do one and join a club on the up

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
If palace want to pay over the odds for murray then good luck to him. He will be their Torres- overpaid and underperforming.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Of course, if he were to say "Do you know what Palace, you can stuff your "double your money" salary up your arse, I've seen your scummy shithole of a stadium and I'm off back to the super Seagulls" he would go from being a one-season wonder to club legend.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If palace want to pay over the odds for murray then good luck to him. He will be their Torres- overpaid and underperforming.

Do you mean Torres who plays for Crawley ???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
f***'s sake, why did these threads get merged? There were several different strands of conversation, albeit about the same subject. Now there's just one f***ing great mess with a 'babble' of different conversations going on and stuff gets lost too quickly as so many people are posting.

It's all one subject though really, just a mass of Murray childish ramblings which once we have an official Murray has signed for x thread is where we can move this thread to!

Sep 1, 2010
Avram Grant reveals Murray's new celebration for next season

avra.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here