Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't read all 50 pages of this thread, so apologies if already covered. But i have it on good authority that Nugent wants to move back up north to be closer to his family. So doubt he will go to palace - but he does need a club so if no one else comes in for him i guess thats where he will end up - if true.
"I want to live up North" is normally the excuse used to get out of Palace. Like when Dowie left.

And moved to Charlton.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I like squrrels....here is a picture :)

Squirrel-adult.jpg

awwww, bless him.

Nice nuts

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
f***'s sake, why did these threads get merged? There were several different strands of conversation, albeit about the same subject. Now there's just one f***ing great mess with a 'babble' of different conversations going on and stuff gets lost too quickly as so many people are posting.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***'s sake, why did these threads get merged? There were several different strands of conversation, albeit about the same subject. Now there's just one f***ing great mess with a 'babble' of different conversations going on and stuff gets lost too quickly as so many people are posting.

so the board can be over run with bollocks instead of having to much football chat on it of course

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I was just thinking the same thing. Surely it isn't beyond the wit of the mods to recognise that there are different strands to the saga, and also new developments day by day. Lumping it all in one 50+ page mass isn't helpful.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
so the board can be over run with bollocks instead of having to much football chat on it of course
That's probably it. Perish the thought that there should be two or even three threads (with different nuances) on the same subject - even when it IS the 'hot topic' of the moment.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
After reading the article in the Argus, Glenn is still proving my argument right that he's a selfish tosser. If he leaves I hope he is VERY unsuccessful and gets what he deserves in the two games he gets!

That is all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My suspicion is that it was done because the second thread was started by one of the kiddie upstarts rather than a long standing contributor. Too bad the kiddie saw glory in his eyes and thought it a good idea to start a thread with his name under it, but also too bad that the mods didn't see the issue caused by merging them.

Ho hum, I'm sure we'll all survive.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From Holmesdale thingmebob Palarse site last post

eagle in cornwall Online Cornish Countryside Today 4.08pm
I read he wanted 12k but that's down to DF and our owners,they know what they are doing and will act accordingly.Dougie is hardly going to go around shouting loadsamoney slogans and,when push come to shove, it doesn't matter what other clubs fans think of our financial situation is,I couldn't give a jot.
All that matters is,- is he any good,how much he is asking,is he worth it,can we afford it and are we prepared to pay that -,when we know the answers we will see the outcome.

And if that p**s*s weed fans off,even better!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.......................... Then along came Johnny Byrne! and the rest,as they say,is history...................

............................................................"Jai guru deva om"..............................................................

sums them up not giving a jot if there finances dont stack up or make any sense to anyone

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
As said before, this signing is virtually 99% complete and basically just waiting on the ink to dry on the contract.

However, given some of the comments on here by some Brighton fans, if there was a very last second hitch and he did decide to stay at Brighton it would be so funny seeing how quickly people's opinions would change again!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
What is he worth at today's prices? £500,000?

If so, then his agent is getting as much of that as he can into Glenn's pocket. Fair play.

BUT it's the attitude that saddens me. He's leaving a great new manager, a bonded squad and that superb new stadium. He's been great for us but I'm not bothered to see him go - good luck to him.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
However, given some of the comments on here by some Brighton fans, if there was a very last second hitch and he did decide to stay at Brighton it would be so funny seeing how quickly people's opinions would change again!

There won't be any hitches with this one!

Good luck to him. But where have you found the money to spend on him? And don't you think it's a bit of a risk?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here