Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No - he is negotiating a contract with our deadliest rivals. Just doing this shows his lack of respect for The Albion and its fans.

Is he there yet? There is no way back for someone who is just playing football for the money. I don't have a problem with someone just playing for the money providing they are not playing for us. If there is no respect for the club and its staff and the fans, its time for Glen to move on.

This must be one of the dumbest yet. Murray is an employee of the Albion. Why are there so many niaive supporters who expect players to bleed blue and white for he Albion. Every single one of them, as well as Gus, would be off for the right offer. Murray had a shit time to start with when his partner wanted to head back north with his new born baby. That's tough to cope with but maybe you've not yet been a responsible parent so that escapes you. He then had to endure poor form and dumb stick from ignorant supporters whilst carrying an ongoing hernia operation. He has always shown he is class but it is only this season that his fitness has allowed him to perform to his potential and consistently.

I hope he doesn't sign for Palace but if that is a much better offer than he is getting here then I don't blame at his age to take it.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Any Brighton fan claiming they'll hate him for leaving is an idiot. He's 27, needs to set up his family for life, no-one should blame him one jot for going for more money. BUT, anyone claiming he shouldn't be abused for going to Palace is a f***ing idiot. Part of football that makes it so cerebral is its tribal nature, how passion and loyalty and determination are valued. Of course he doesn't care really what colour shirt he wears when he kicks a ball about. But people not hating a player for leaving for an ARCH RIVAL are everything that's wrong with the desensitized, corporate game it's becoming. If Murray leaves for Millwall, Forest, Derby, Accrington, Celtic, f***ing Real Madrid, I for one will give him a warm welcome if/when he returns to play the Albion. If he goes to Palace he knows full well he'll get shit and will deserve it, it's part of football and taking it out is taking the heart out of the game. No one deserves violence against them for whatever reason, I'm not defending any idiot who tries that, but he'll get called every name under the sun by me and others, and if he can't cope with that he doesn't deserve to earn the money he's allegedly holding out for.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Some of you are fuckin unbelievable!

40 pages of mostly abuse towards our best player, just because some fucktard on a Palace message board says its true?
A few people have said it already but clearly didn't get the message across,

GET A FUCKIN GRIP, FFS!!!

If a Palace fan down the pub told you he knows a guy at Palace's training ground who says he saw Glenn Murray there, you would say yeah course he was. So because its been posted on a message board it must be true.

If, and its still a big if,Murray joins Palace then feel free to abuse him on here or anywhere else for that matter imho, but until then HE REMAINS OUR BEST PLAYER!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Glenn Murray isn't our best player. I have him on the back of 3 shirts, and I love the man. But he's not our best player, individually.

Elliott Bennett is.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Any Brighton fan claiming they'll hate him for leaving is an idiot. He's 27, needs to set up his family for life,

Brighton rock I agree with a lot of what you say. But, this is the bit that always gets me; why is it so many people go on about the short career b*llocks? Footballers are allowed to go and get other jobs when they quit playing the game. Just cos they hit 37 and cannot play anymore doesn't mean they are now unable to find paid employment. Grrrr. As for the whole thread - as many others have posted, there is NO proof Glenn has even been anywhere near the Palace scum. Jesus, just wait and see.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Many of the palace fans are totally convinced its a done deal and he's going to Selhurst..... One Palace fan (SP1 Eagle) on their BBS is even saying he's been PM'd by a respected NSC poster who is "in the know", and he reckons he's going to Selhurst....

Who is this NSC poster? PM'ing Murray info to Palace fans?....... Info that we don't know on here?

Glenn, dear Glenn.... if its true, strap yourself in for one hell of a bumpy ride.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217851&page=41

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Many of the palace fans are totally convinced its a done deal and he's going to Selhurst..... One Palace fan (SP1 Eagle) on their BBS is even saying he's been PM'd by a respected NSC poster who is "in the know", and he reckons he's going to Selhurst....

Who is this NSC poster? PM'ing Murray info to Palace fans?....... Info that we don't know on here?

Glenn, dear Glenn.... if its true, strap yourself in for one hell of a bumpy ride.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217851&page=41

You're not wrong, it's similar to when Scott Flinders and Calvin Andrew joined you lot on loan, there was uproar I tell ya...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is dragging on a bit isn't it? Then again, he does have 'form' when it comes to protracted contract negotiations.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do I gather that some on here doubt that Murray has even been to Palace, let alone started negotiating with them?? The word ostrich springs to mind if so.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You're not wrong, it's similar to when Scott Flinders and Calvin Andrew joined you lot on loan, there was uproar I tell ya...

An equivalent would be us loaning you Poke and Holroyd, I think we could have coped with that too. Murray is our Spreoni.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
In you opinion! Bennett doesnt do half the work for the team that Murray does, IN MY OPINION

Agreed, EB is excellent, no doubt, but GM's 22 goals, his workrate, knock-ons and link-up play set him apart. I'll be gutted if he goes, no matter who he goes to

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do I gather that some on here doubt that Murray has even been to Palace, let alone started negotiating with them?? The word ostrich springs to mind if so.

Is there any proof that he has, or is it all newspaper and forum talk? Just asking like.

Ostriches do NOT bury their heads in the sand.

This tale originates from the fact that the male ostrich will dig a large hole (up to 6 to 8 feet wide and 2 to 3 feet deep) in the sand for the nest / eggs. Predators cannot see the eggs across the countryside which gives the nest a bit of protection. The hen as well as the rooster takes turns setting on the eggs and because of the indention in the ground, usually just blend into the horizon. All birds turn their eggs (with their beak) several times a day during the incubation period. From a distance it appears as though the bird has his/her head in the sand.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe its my age but to be quite honest I would not believe a word until the man himself says he is going somewhere other than the Amex to play and when or if he does then deal with it.
I don't want him to go anywhere least of Palace but its his decision and I'm sure he can be replaced sad as that may be.

believe nothing until its OFFICIAL
trust in Gus

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Any Brighton fan claiming they'll hate him for leaving is an idiot. He's 27, needs to set up his family for life, no-one should blame him one jot for going for more money. BUT, anyone claiming he shouldn't be abused for going to Palace is a f***ing idiot. Part of football that makes it so cerebral is its tribal nature, how passion and loyalty and determination are valued. Of course he doesn't care really what colour shirt he wears when he kicks a ball about. But people not hating a player for leaving for an ARCH RIVAL are everything that's wrong with the desensitized, corporate game it's becoming. If Murray leaves for Millwall, Forest, Derby, Accrington, Celtic, f***ing Real Madrid, I for one will give him a warm welcome if/when he returns to play the Albion. If he goes to Palace he knows full well he'll get shit and will deserve it, it's part of football and taking it out is taking the heart out of the game. No one deserves violence against them for whatever reason, I'm not defending any idiot who tries that, but he'll get called every name under the sun by me and others, and if he can't cope with that he doesn't deserve to earn the money he's allegedly holding out for.

Well, I for one just wonder when you see these well-paid players run to the supporters after scoring and kiss their shirts etc. Isn't that implying that they love the club? I'm not saying that there aren't players like that who won't move on, I can think back to Steve Bull and more latterly you could say Gary Hart for albion; they're not ALL mercenaries.

As you say its part of the mantra to dislike players who have "defected" more than others in the same opposing team. That's why football (and cricket) are formalised war. I'm sure a prominent psychologist has written that.

As indeed is politics, which I know something about. Yiou hate more, people in an opposition Party who used to be your "colleague".

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There are no photos of him there..... The Palace fans writing on their BBS, who physically saw him there are old time, sensible and almost definately in the know..... Multiple individuals saw Murray at their training ground.... I have no doubt he was there..... spoke with them and had a medical.

That said, he is also meant to have 2 other offers to us and Palace, thought to be Saints and Millwall.... (so assume he's been there also)

These are not kids, these are the Palace BBS more sensible, older and high brow posters, many of whom..... (and some say they have personally spoken to Dougie Freedman himself....and other employees of CPFC), are convinced Murray is Selhurst bound.

It could still all be a negotiating tactic as the contracts stuff would be done by the agent...... its not unheard of to get the best deal from the competitor, and then take that back.

whether he was there or not, I cannot say, But Palace are convinced he was as is going to sign...... so if our top scorer has been using them merely to improve his contract here, and actually does sign with us and rejects Palace, be sure to pop over to The BBS - CPFC.ORG - Crystal Palace Football Club, register and give them shit.....

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some of you are fuckin unbelievable!

40 pages of mostly abuse towards our best player, just because some fucktard on a Palace message board says its true?
A few people have said it already but clearly didn't get the message across,

GET A FUCKIN GRIP, FFS!!!

If a Palace fan down the pub told you he knows a guy at Palace's training ground who says he saw Glenn Murray there, you would say yeah course he was. So because its been posted on a message board it must be true.

If, and its still a big if,Murray joins Palace then feel free to abuse him on here or anywhere else for that matter imho, but until then HE REMAINS OUR BEST PLAYER!

It's a discussion forum, get over yourself!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You only have a medical once contract terms have been agreed, surely if that was the case it would be a done deal ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here