Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would like to see him stay but Poyet shouldnt have to mess about waiting and im sure he wont anyway!

Gus said a week or two back that if he got a couple of the strikers he was after, glenn would have fewer opportunities, so I don't think he's waiting for Glenn to make up his mind. He's going after targets regardless.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I really doubt that anyone messes Poyet about. Gus seems remarkably chilled about this. Compare it to his RAGE at Calderon last year.

He showed quite clearly with Forster that he will not be swayed. The fact that nobody at the club seems that bothered means that whether Murray stays or goes they have a cunning plan. I am beginning to think now that Murray shouldn't stay now because clearly (rightly or wrongly) a lot of fans have gone off him. Personally I think that Brentford matter was blown completely out of proportion and let's face it, the only he can do 'wrong' (I use the term advisedly) is join Palace. As has been said time and time again, the player is perfectly entitled to go for the best deal he can get. After all when Bobby Smith left Spurs for us does anybody really believe he did it for the glory ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Palace have confirmed that they are in the hunt for Murray.

Face a fact, one of the most attractive things about Murray is that he wouldn't cost Palace a transfer fee, unlike Vaughan. So much for Palace having lots of money.

One of our Consortium is a billionaire in his own right.

Do your owners post regularly on your club boards and ask the fans for input in what the fans would like at their club by arranging Fans Forum meetings.

They even accepted our invitation to join us down the pub at our supporters group end of season party and featured our Ultras Group display on our season tickets.

Like us they have supported our club for years and know what it takes to take our club forward and rightly have won the respect of the Palace supporters for the way that they have changed our clubs fortunes and for saving the club.

We now generate a fantastic atmosphere both home and away and Selhurst is like a fortress and can be a cauldron of noise for visiting teams.

Palace are so looking forward to playing Brighton again.

For your information Palace were put into Administration for a debt of £5m and many clubs have far greater debts but nothing is done about it.

At the end of the day it is the fans that suffer due to financial meltdown by their owners.

We are just grateful to still have a club to support after all of the uncertainty and the threat of liquidation and the whole episode is something that I would not wish any clubs fans to have to endure but we are now in very good hands and the re-building process is gaining momentum both on and off of the pitch.

You seem to be a genuine and reasoned fan and I am pleased that your club did not get liquidated.

What does get my goat is that you fail to see that your new very wealthy owners missed a magnificent opportunity to buck the trend of the majority of football club administration episodes: they could have paid all the creditors back in full. People as rich as billionaires, between them must have been able to afford the £5 million that was owed to the creditors. This was done at Southampton and even though they wasted millions at least their deceased owner had the common decency to pay back local businesses and the HMRC the money that they were owed.

Technically Palace owe all us taxpaying football fans money as I believe they owed money to HMRC and the agreed repayment level was only 1.9p in the pound.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
To Croydon ???? Are you mad ??? Actually Palace players tend to live a good way from South London, Chislehurst and beyond although despite it's proximity to Croydon Chislehurst is as expensive as Brighton.

Chislehurst is lovely, I have a mate who lives there, great pubs (we always have a mini crawl), classy leafy suburb, wouldn't believe its next to lewisham....... Glenn would love it...... no stalkers!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
You seem to be a genuine and reasoned fan and I am pleased that your club did not get liquidated.

What does get my goat is that you fail to see that your new very wealthy owners missed a magnificent opportunity to buck the trend of the majority of football club administration episodes: they could have paid all the creditors back in full. People as rich as billionaires, between them must have been able to afford the £5 million that was owed to the creditors. This was done at Southampton and even though they wasted millions at least their deceased owner had the common decency to pay back local businesses and the HMRC the money that they were owed.

Technically Palace owe all us taxpaying football fans money as I believe they owed money to HMRC and the agreed repayment level was only 1.9p in the pound.

Agreed. There has to be a complete change in how clubs are run starting from now.

The first thing to address is players wages and transfer fees, because this is the main reason as we know why clubs keep falling in to debt time and time. Its completely out of control.

Secondly any normal business would have been forced to close completely. So if the same rule was applied to football clubs, these teams should start from the bottom again.

These clubs should be forced to sell all their players and pay back as much as they can to people like the Inland Revenue and businesses.

Then they should be moved to the Blue Square Premier which would put them on equal footing with other clubs as regards players.
Then they should be monitored for how much money they start spending again on players.

I can't think of a worse punishment. It will teach clubs to be sensible. The other good thing about is that smaller clubs would have some big teams to play which will help with their attendances and hopefully bring in more money for them.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Spot on, if Palace's owners are as rich as they claim in their posts on Palace messageboards they could easily have done what Southampton did (one reason at least to salute Southampton).

Anyway I'm starting to think Murray won't go there. When they started posting so called insider info with excuses already built into it I started having doubts. Two days after he was at their training ground and no more news? Hardly seems like a done deal.

Of course I could be totally wrong, I'm just guessing. :)

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Conversation between Dougie Freedman and Glen on how Glen will be paid his £10,000 salary in used £50 notes plus a new Reliant Robin as a bonus to pull his new caravan if he scores more than 5 goals in The Championship next season:

Stick a pony in me pocket
I'll fetch the suitcase fron the van
Cause if you want the best 'uns
And you don't ask questions
Then brother I'm your man

Where it all comes from
Is a mystery.........

No income tax, no VAT
No money back no gauarentee.....

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
spoke to a mate who works for another south east club and he says Murrays agent is asking for a big signing on fee and palace have said no to it . all other terms and medical sorted . is he good enough to be able to command a signing on fee . he also told me that you are after Sanchez Watt and Graham Stack .

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
spoke to a mate who works for another south east club and he says Murrays agent is asking for a big signing on fee and palace have said no to it . all other terms and medical sorted . is he good enough to be able to command a signing on fee . he also told me that you are after Sanchez Watt and Graham Stack .
Who? Palace are after Graham Stack?

That's untrue. Not only do we have Speroni and a decent backup in Price, we also have 2 young Keepers waiting for their chance.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Graham Stack - not after any keepers, read todays Evening Argus.... it says we are going with the 3 keepers we already have.

Sanchez Watt - Yes please (Barcelona liked him and he played for Senrab - as did Zamora)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchez_Watt

Last edited:

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Spot on, if Palace's owners are as rich as they claim in their posts on Palace messageboards they could easily have done what Southampton did (one reason at least to salute Southampton).

Anyway I'm starting to think Murray won't go there. When they started posting so called insider info with excuses already built into it I started having doubts. Two days after he was at their training ground and no more news? Hardly seems like a done deal.

Of course I could be totally wrong, I'm just guessing. :)
Not sure if you can read, but the deal is on the table, along with 2 others. He's making his choice. Freedman has given his timeline as he is off on holiday in a few days. But, he has other options to move on.

Face a fact, one of the most attractive things about Murray is that he wouldn't cost Palace a transfer fee, unlike Vaughan. So much for Palace having lots of money.
As for Vaughan, we are still interested. We have our young strikers as well as Iversen and Easter, so really we need 2 to play alongside each other.

But Vaughan is still on holiday, so nothing is happening there right now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
no way

Anyone but Palace

Don't be blinded by an internet rivalry

I'm not blinded by anything thanks. I give no more of a toss about Saints than Ipswich, Barnsley or Derby County. I say that purely from a football point of view.

I think he means Murray would be more useful to Southampton than to Palace because he'll get much better service... Their aerial threat would be ridiculously good if they got Murray

Exactly this.

Also, living where I do, I really don't want to have to listen to all my Saints supporting mates telling me all about how great their new striker is..

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Something Murray (or anyone else mulling over a move to Palace) should consider is that it is distinctly possible Freedman will be out of a job by Christmas. In a way that would be sad, he is a genuine club hero, and Palace through and through. But he was a big gamble as an unproven manager, and if it isn't working by November, he'll be under severe pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here