Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011
Well ive just joined on NSC this morning after reading threads for months this one is the one that actually made me sign up and comment, TBH i dont mind what murray does as i think we have a good enough management team to find a replacement should we need to. I personally think muarry would be mad to go to palace as we are going in the right directsion and palace clearly arent. Im bored of hearing the dibble about palace being rich as tbh there only rich because they have been tax dodgers for the last couple of years just like most of there fans! (sorry i dont usually make nasty comments like this but it really annoyes me that i have to pay my taxes adn multi millions pound football clubs dont if they choose not too)

As for all the talk about transfers with Owen i personally dont think this will ever happen. However im sure Gus will have people lined up and if he needs a replacement for Murray then im sure he will find the right person for the job! Does anyone know if woods is staying with us?

Sorry that my first post is one were im moaning but honestly Murray to palace! Thats suicide!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Muzza would have to be a mentalist... surely, he can see this would be a HUGE mistake for his career, surely!?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well ive just joined on NSC this morning after reading threads for months this one is the one that actually made me sign up and comment, TBH i dont mind what murray does as i think we have a good enough management team to find a replacement should we need to. I personally think muarry would be mad to go to palace as we are going in the right directsion and palace clearly arent. Im bored of hearing the dibble about palace being rich as tbh there only rich because they have been tax dodgers for the last couple of years just like most of there fans! (sorry i dont usually make nasty comments like this but it really annoyes me that i have to pay my taxes adn multi millions pound football clubs dont if they choose not too)

As for all the talk about transfers with Owen i personally dont think this will ever happen. However im sure Gus will have people lined up and if he needs a replacement for Murray then im sure he will find the right person for the job! Does anyone know if woods is staying with us?

Sorry that my first post is one were im moaning but honestly Murray to palace! Thats suicide!

Slagging of Palace is an excellent way to ease yourself into NSC...welcome

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Where are these supposed threats?

Just read some of the threads on here about the retribution they wish to seek when we play him, ridiculous!

Although I`m sure alot of it is just keyboard spouting and wont come to anything. Quite apart from the fact if anyone threw anything at him at the Amex theyd be banned for life.

Yes, I think it wont be a great move from a footballing point of view for Glenn but when fans say it would be a huge mistake for his career, its utter nonsense. If say for example, he was offered 10k a week, even over 2 yrs thats £1M and a 3 yr contract even better, who would turn that down at his age? Absolutely no-one on here, thats for sure!

Get real, I dont want him playing for palace as much as the next man, but people need to grow up, palace have given us players in the past that have helped us out, they didnt get lynched, its farcical.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where are these supposed threats?

Don't be naive BOF, if he signs for Palace continuing to live in Brighton is not an option unless he enjoys confrontation whilst out with his family. Of course it's disgusting that it could happen but it would.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
let's be realistic here - there havn't been any 'threats'. No more than the guy who joked about blowing up Robin Hood airport being likely to follow it through.

The post from the palace forum is from a guy I actually know and I can vouch that he does know the Murray clan. Interestingly he says that our offer in january was derisory (and we know that this would be an opinion, maybe Murray's or maybe his agent's) but according to Walt Jabsco it is a FACT that no contract offers were made in January. Someone's not right here!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wonder if the reason that Palace's offer seems better than anyone else is precisley because Palace know they have to pay danger money to Murray to get him... that little bit extra that make going to your teams arch rivals and all the crap that he will get because of it worth while?

I supsect that if MUrray turns down Palace, no one else will match their offer... hmmm... maybe Saints though.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I wonder if the reason that Palace's offer seems better than anyone else is precisley because Palace know they have to pay danger money to Murray to get him... that little bit extra that make going to your teams arch rivals and all the crap that he will get because of it worth while?

I supsect that if MUrray turns down Palace, no one else will match their offer... hmmm... maybe Saints though.
Although the wage terms offered aren't massively above what others have said, the signing on fee is higher as well since there is no transfer fee involved.

As of what I heard last night, the Saints have an offer on the table and there are 2 offers bettering it and 1 not as good as it. That's in terms of money more than anything.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As of what I heard last night, the Saints have an offer on the table and there are 2 offers bettering it and 1 not as good as it. That's in terms of money more than anything.

We'll be the one that is not as good as it

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
no way

Anyone but Palace

Don't be blinded by an internet rivalry

I think he means Murray would be more useful to Southampton than to Palace because he'll get much better service... Their aerial threat would be ridiculously good if they got Murray

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If he goes to palace why doesnt he just move house

To Croydon ???? Are you mad ??? Actually Palace players tend to live a good way from South London, Chislehurst and beyond although despite it's proximity to Croydon Chislehurst is as expensive as Brighton.

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011
If murray agrees terms with palace when will the transfer go through. The 1st of july? I just hope that we find out whats going on with Murray sooner rather then later. I dont think its in anyones intrest to drag it out for ages! IF he wants to go then go. I would like to see him stay but Poyet shouldnt have to mess about waiting and im sure he wont anyway!

This is going to be a very long summer of rumors about people coming or going from the albion. Looking forward to next season now!

If he goes to palace why doesnt he just move house

My thoughts too, why not move up to Surrey?

Having read all 36 pages of this thread I can say that I understand why a player who is coming to the peak of his career would choose a more financially lucrative contract than the one offered at Brighton. However as other posters have said it's not all about money with any new job that you are offered; the location of the job, improvement opportunities to your career at the said new job and whether your home life would be happier have to be taken into consideration too and this is something that Murray seems to be thinking about.

If he does go to Palace I won't issue him death threats, stalk him or damage his property, (the vast majority of Brighton fans wouldn't) but don't expect me to give him a warm welcome if he turns out for Palace at Falmer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If murray agrees terms with palace when will the transfer go through. The 1st of july? I just hope that we find out whats going on with Murray sooner rather then later. I dont think its in anyones intrest to drag it out for ages! IF he wants to go then go. I would like to see him stay but Poyet shouldnt have to mess about waiting and im sure he wont anyway!

This is going to be a very long summer of rumors about people coming or going from the albion. Looking forward to next season now!

I really doubt that anyone messes Poyet about. Gus seems remarkably chilled about this. Compare it to his RAGE at Calderon last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here