Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
You don't have more money than us. Our 4 owners have a combined wealth of over a Billion pounds.

You sound like the many Swindon fans this time last year boasting about their wealth - "Fitton may not have more money than Bloom, but the people backing him have far more.... blah blah".

QPR are backed by the richest man in the UK, it doesn't mean they are going to start out-bidding Manchester United.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Is that why they have said that if somebody comes in with money to throw at the club they would sell.
Do you know how much money Tony Bloom has?
QPR have the richest man in Britain in Mittell and one in the top 10 in Bernie Ecclestone but they havent just thrown money at the club and a manager who was too good for Palace shrewdly took them into the Premiership. There is no guarantee your '4 presumed wealthy owners' will put endless money into the club as they have said the club must be self sufficient, which doesnt reek of excess wealth and money being thrown around.

Damn you!!

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Is that why they have said that if somebody comes in with money to throw at the club they would sell.
Do you know how much money Tony Bloom has?
QPR have the richest man in Britain in Mittell and one in the top 10 in Bernie Ecclestone but they havent just thrown money at the club and a manager who was too good for Palace shrewdly took them into the Premiership. There is no guarantee your '4 presumed wealthy owners' will put endless money into the club as they have said the club must be self sufficient, which doesnt reek of excess wealth and money being thrown around.
Had said.

They've said the last few days that they've enjoyed it so much that they'd never sell.

They will always welcome new investors, but will not sell unless it's in the best interests of the club, and even then they'd want to be a part of it.

Had said.

They've said the last few days that they've enjoyed it so much that they'd never sell.

They will always welcome new investors, but will not sell unless it's in the best interests of the club, and even then they'd want to be a part of it.

When they put the money where your mouth is brag about it till then shut it.

Last edited:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
You don't have more money than us. Our 4 owners have a combined wealth of over a Billion pounds.

Well maybe they want to pay back some of the creditors you lot still owe from the countless times you've gone into administration, you twat. Give your local community something back.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Well maybe they want to pay back some of the creditors you lot still owe from the countless times you've gone into administration, you twat. Give your local community something back.

Very good point, or alternatively you could have just told the muggy nigel chav to f*** off and eat his sisters manky minge. After his dads finished obviously.

CPFC to do a Swindon next season :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Our man doesn't need a combined figure to be worth that!

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
One of our Consortium is a billionaire in his own right.

Do your owners post regularly on your club boards and ask the fans for input in what the fans would like at their club by arranging Fans Forum meetings.

They even accepted our invitation to join us down the pub at our supporters group end of season party and featured our Ultras Group display on our season tickets.

Like us they have supported our club for years and know what it takes to take our club forward and rightly have won the respect of the Palace supporters for the way that they have changed our clubs fortunes and for saving the club.

We now generate a fantastic atmosphere both home and away and Selhurst is like a fortress and can be a cauldron of noise for visiting teams.

Palace are so looking forward to playing Brighton again.

For your information Palace were put into Administration for a debt of £5m and many clubs have far greater debts but nothing is done about it.

At the end of the day it is the fans that suffer due to financial meltdown by their owners.

We are just grateful to still have a club to support after all of the uncertainty and the threat of liquidation and the whole episode is something that I would not wish any clubs fans to have to endure but we are now in very good hands and the re-building process is gaining momentum both on and off of the pitch.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Do your owners post regularly on your club boards and ask the fans for input in what the fans would like at their club by arranging Fans Forum meetings.

They even accepted our invitation to join us down the pub at our supporters group end of season party and featured our Ultras Group display on our season tickets.

Like us they have supported our club for years and know what it takes to take our club forward and rightly have won the respect of the Palace supporters for the way that they have changed our clubs fortunes and for saving the club.

We now generate a fantastic atmosphere both home and away and Selhurst is like a fortress and can be a cauldron of noise for visiting teams.

For your information Palace were put into Administration for a debt of £5m and many clubs have far greater debts but nothing is done about it.

At the end of the day it is the fans that suffer due to financial meltdown by their owners.

We are just grateful to still have a club to support after all of the uncertainty and the threat of liquidation and the whole episode is something that I would not wish any clubs fans to have to endure but we are now in very good hands and the re-building process is gaining momentum both on and off of the pitch.

boring-class.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

And that would be why your 'fans' continually took the piss while WE were actually paying our bills and struggling on the pitch because we were asset stripped would it? Because 'it is the fans who suffer'. All the while you were using other people's money to fund your fans' dream that you clearly couldn't afford-and now it is clear, you had no means of paying back. Meanwhile, you wankers continued to take the piss.

Please don't come on here spouting your 'poor fans are we' shite. Your shitty club has f***ed over 2 lots of creditors in a 10 year period whilst your 'fans' revelled in our plight. A pox on your immoral, bill payment avoiding club-now, please piss off back to your own kind.

Last edited:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And that would be why your 'fans' continually took the piss while were actually paying our bills and struggling on the pitch because we were asset stripped would it? Because 'it is the fans who suffer'. All the while you were using other people's money to fund your fans' dream that you clearly couldn't afford-and now it is clear, you had no means of paying back. Meanwhile, you wankers continued to take the piss.

Please don't come on here spouting your 'poor fans are we' shite. Your shitty club has f***ed over 2 lots of creditors in a 10 year period whilst your 'fans' revelled in our plight. A pox on your immoral, bill payment avoiding club-now, please piss off back to your own kind.

treble THIS with bells on.... brilliant post BWIAN

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

I found a sample of the replies they got:

"Dere Ser, cann wee like buiy like Engerland players like coz wee iz Palace and wee iz grate. Luv Nigel"

"My sister would like to give my dad a blowjob at the ground to spice up their sexlife - can u supply booths? From Wayne"

"Dear Sir, my super Palace woolly mittens only appear to have five fingers each - like many Palace fans I have six fingers on each hand and so feel I am missing out on this luxury item. Love Mr & Mrs Inbred, Purley Way"

Oct 6, 2010
And that would be why your 'fans' continually took the piss while WE were actually paying our bills and struggling on the pitch because we were asset stripped would it? Because 'it is the fans who suffer'. All the while you were using other people's money to fund your fans' dream that you clearly couldn't afford-and now it is clear, you had no means of paying back. Meanwhile, you wankers continued to take the piss.

Post of the year. Possibly of all time. :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Whilst you were blithely going in and out of administration and ripping off many people in the process you had the nerve to look down on us because were were struggling in a converted athletics stadium. The fact that we paid our way unlike you speaks for itself. Time after time Palace fans blame Goldberg, Jordon and even Noades but at the end of the day it's the club you support that owed the money. It's seemingly impossible to get Palace fans to see why there club is despised by so many other teams. I'm sure had we adopted the same policies as Palace we'd have done better. Frankly next season will prove this no doubt. To call these 'new' fans plastic is a joke too. When we could afford a ground with sufficient capacity out gates were as big and often bigger than yours. These are not new fans but a lot of old fans who simply could or wouldn't go thanks to Withdean's limitations.

As far as this new ground of yours goes whilst CPFC2010 have made a lot of noise about it little else has happened. It will certainly not be a formality as a lot of Bromley residents will object. No doubt CPFC2010 will try and sponge off the council for a substantial loan to help with the move like Newham Council and West Ham, that won't happen. CPFC are wealthy business men ? Don't be too surprised if they do an 'Archer' and flog Selhurst off for a tidy profit. Far too often we've seen clubs fall over when they get a rich new sugar daddy (West Ham and Portsmouth are just two). However our owner hasn't made any promises, he's already done what we needed, not much talk but much action.

I can't honestly say that you will compete on equal terms because now, in every conceivable way you are an inferior club. The fact that you have sold less than half the season tickets we have says it all.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Crystal Palace 0-3 Nott'm Forest

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
sorry if this has already been put up but I spotted this on the Palace forum

Originally Posted by billyemsley
I rarely ever post on here (although have been a forum member for many years).

I live in Brighton (although am a lifelong Palace fan and season ticker holder and do know Glenn personally. I can 100% tell you that Dougie did meet Glenn before the end of the season just outside of Brighton to have an initial chat and sound things out. I know Palace are interested and I have been informed have tabled a very decent offer compared to Millwall, Pompey and Watford (the other 'local' interested clubs within Brighton's vicinity).

I was told the Dean Austin first made contact with his agent back in January (just to test the water re: availability) but Brighton wouldn't entertain any talk as he was then under contract, even though the contract they were offering was pretty derisory.

Glenn is full settled in Brighton having just bought a house here with his Brighton girlfriend and will continue leaving there (which is why he is only looking at these nearby clubs). Boro and Huddersfield both offered very lucrative deals during the recent year but he turned them down flat as his didn't want to return up north. I believe the palace deal is very tempting for Glenn but there is a lot of backlash on the Brighton forums (i.e threats etc, much like Zamora when he was linked with us). Glenn's a really decent, quiet type of guy (not the usual all bling persona adopted by many players nowadays) and I believe he isn't sure he wants that happening to him in his 'home' town whilst playing for us. I believe that to be the main personal sticking point at this time.

That's all I currently know at this time although will speak to him or his girlfriend soon, so will post more in due course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here