Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If it is true about Murray stalling on signing a good deal at Palace, I think its ridiculous to suggest that concerns about his safety play a role in any decision. We are not Celtic/Rangers or Fenerbahce/Galatasaray. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was living on that planet.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
anybody else hope that he now signs for them?

rather looking forward to abusing him now. will be giving him plenty in both fixtures, with a super sonic cheer when el abd clatters him in the first minute of the amex fixture

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
They do come out with some crap on that BBS, they have even started a rumour that they have lost out in signing James Vaughan as he is signing for Brighton for an undisclosed fee.

There could be some truth in that. We were scouting him in the past few months I know for sure as heard first hand.

Not definitely the case he'll sign but some substance to the rumour ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He then saw that end and Murray went with Alex Manos (club physio) to another room. Of which he was in there well over an hour as was the Club Doctor.

Over an hour for a rectal examination ???

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
He wants to stay up north, he has no family down south. He wont be signing for Palace, that I am 95% sure of.

Fair enough. As I say heard nothing since found out we were scouting him. Not sure he was that impressive for Palace anyway so not fussed.

Super Gus will pull something out the bag I'm sure.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
My source is someone who works inside the Beckenham complex. He saw Murray a few times during the day. First meeting Dougie and the 2 Assistants before they went elsewhere. He then saw that end and Murray went with Alex Manos (club physio) to another room. Of which he was in there well over an hour as was the Club Doctor.

This is the same source for me that knew 3 of our signings in January before they were announced anywhere.

Why would someone who works at CP know about OUR signings first?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I think it's bonkers if he goes anywhere. He's worked under the best new manager in the league, there's a fantastic new stadium and TONS of profile.

The pay increase would have to be worth giving all that up.

Could it be a personal issue, or that GP has offered what he thinks Glenn is worth? And why would someone offer an untested League One player big wages?

I'm confused.

But I trust Gus absolutely.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
If it is true about Murray stalling on signing a good deal at Palace, I think its ridiculous to suggest that concerns about his safety play a role in any decision. We are not Celtic/Rangers or Fenerbahce/Galatasaray. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was living on that planet.

Agree with you. If it's true and he's stalling it's because he is holding out for an even better offer.

I am finding this whole will he won't he and with who thing really tiresome. This story is going to drag on and on!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
He wants to stay up north, he has no family down south. He wont be signing for Palace, that I am 95% sure of.

1: inbetweeners...respect...briefcase wanker!!
2: they were implying Vaughan was signing for Albion not Palace
3: Stop letting your stepdad shag your sister you Palace penarse

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This thread begs the question, why would anyone want to sign for Palace? They have less money than we do so it doesn't seem reasonable imo that they are making a bid for him.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
1: inbetweeners...respect...briefcase wanker!!
2: they were implying Vaughan was signing for Albion not Palace
3: Stop letting your stepdad shag your sister you Palace penarse
Yes, and is Brighton further south than London? Might want to get Mr Gilbert to help you out there ;)

This thread begs the question, why would anyone want to sign for Palace? They have less money than we do so it doesn't seem reasonable imo that they are making a bid for him.
You don't have more money than us. Our 4 owners have a combined wealth of over a Billion pounds.

Why would someone who works at CP know about OUR signings first?
Either you're a bit thick, failing to be funny, or can't read.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Yes, and is Brighton further south than London? Might want to get Mr Gilbert to help you out there ;)

You don't have more money than us. Our 4 owners have a combined wealth of over a Billion pounds.

Either you're a bit thick, failing to be funny, or can't read.

If anyone had any brains they would bypass croydon on a trip going north or south....even Kate Moss moved out the thick shite...

Originally Posted by Spicy

You don't have more money than us. Our 4 owners have a combined wealth of over a Billion.

They do, but in Somailand Shillings.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The standard once reported diago maradona & ardilles were once going to take over the Albion. Full page. Back page too!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is that why they have said that if somebody comes in with money to throw at the club they would sell.
Do you know how much money Tony Bloom has?
QPR have the richest man in Britain in Mittell and one in the top 10 in Bernie Ecclestone but they havent just thrown money at the club and a manager who was too good for Palace shrewdly took them into the Premiership. There is no guarantee your '4 presumed wealthy owners' will put endless money into the club as they have said the club must be self sufficient, which doesnt reek of excess wealth and money being thrown around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports