Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
They do come out with some crap on that BBS, they have even started a rumour that they have lost out in signing James Vaughan as he is signing for Brighton for an undisclosed fee.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
still no one has mentioned who actually saw him at the training ground?? are there pics? also why would you not have a medical at some kind of medical facility particularly with his injured shoulder to look at?
My source is someone who works inside the Beckenham complex. He saw Murray a few times during the day. First meeting Dougie and the 2 Assistants before they went elsewhere. He then saw that end and Murray went with Alex Manos (club physio) to another room. Of which he was in there well over an hour as was the Club Doctor.

This is the same source for me that knew 3 of our signings in January before they were announced anywhere.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Guys, im not here to have arguments, cause trouble, or argue with anyone, just to state some things about Glenn Murray possibly joining Palace.

The truth is Glenn has had a medical with Palace and been offered a good deal, a deal in which any other time would have been signed by Glenn there and then which i believe Glenn is very happy with, but he has asked for time to think it over, as already mentioned, a lot to do with it is the backlash he may get by Brighton fans for living in the area. As a player, Glenn will get through two 90 minute matches of abuse, but what he wouldn't want is constant trouble at his home, and who can blame him.

My point here though is that, what has football come too if a player has to worry about his property and belongings being vandalised simply because of the football club he plays for to earn his living? It is truly quite sickening for a player to have put that consideration into thinking over a move.

Lets get something straight here, in recent years the Palace legend that he is, Steve Coppell, was your manager, and he didnt get one bit of abuse from anyone at Palace about him doing that, Calvin Andrew joined you on loan, and again there was no problem with Palace fans with this, so i don't understand why so many Brighton supporters want to take things to a possible violent level if players leave you to play for Palace.

These players are playing football to earn a living, thats all, they should be allowed to sign and play for who they like and not have to worry about mindless yobs ruining their life because of the consequences.

1st. Coppell did not leave your lot, to come to us.
2nd I remember your hatred towards Mullery, during his 2nd spell at Albion after having a brief spell at Palace.
3rd You can have Chris Holroyd on loan, we would not give a f***.(although I think he has already gone)
4th How would you feel if it was Ambrose
5th Your right about people doing stupid possible violent things, there is no call for that what so ever. In any event whatever happens.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
They do come out with some crap on that BBS, they have even started a rumour that they have lost out in signing James Vaughan as he is signing for Brighton for an undisclosed fee.
Incorrect.

It was quoted off a football rumours site.

It's wrong, as Vaughan is currently in UAE on holiday with his old football mates as well as Anthony Gardner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My source is someone who works inside the Beckenham complex. He saw Murray a few times during the day. First meeting Dougie and the 2 Assistants before they went elsewhere. He then saw that end and Murray went with Alex Manos (club physio) to another room. Of which he was in there well over an hour as was the Club Doctor.

This is the same source for me that knew 3 of our signings in January before they were announced anywhere.

Either way, I hope this gets sorted in the next couple of days and we can move on to the next transfer binfest, probably Norwich back in for Bennett

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Rangers and Celtic players live peacefully in Glasgow and their fans are as mental as ours.

Not if they cross the devide from one to the other, they don't..... Its not a case of a Palace player living in Brighton, or a Brighton player living in south London..... Its Brighton's top scorer walking to our bitter rivals Palace and still wanting to live peacefully in Brighton after that decision.

Look Paul, I hope he can, but I don't honestly think he will able to...... Murrays only motivation is money and not the feelings and sentiments of the fans who will feel let down.

1am in the morning the pissed up nutters who spots him in town's only motivation will be their sentiments/feelings/anger at joining Palace and not Murrays contract or his financial motives....

It doesn't make sense to me, he is just a working contractor....... but there are some pretty scary and deranged types who masquerade as fans..... and each time he goes out in Brighton he will be playing russian roulette imho

Those types exist in too large a number Paul...... harrassing or assaulting Glenn however unfair to you or I, wont mean a thing.

His best bet for him and his family imho would be to move where those dickheads wont harrass him

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know why Glen was at Palace, for medical read TAKING THE PISS, can't blame him for that.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I think there is definately an Ipod App idea here, it generates a random players name, then club and then a meeting place.

I just tried a basic version and got Kaka, Crawley and Hickstead Little Chef.

You can then press a button which sends this directly to the local rag and clubs messageboard and then you can watch the mayhem spread.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What's the latest estimate of number of pages for this thread then? It has to be approaching well over 50 now. Especially after he joins Crystal Palace.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think there is definately an Ipod App idea here, it generates a random players name, then club and then a meeting place.

I just tried a basic version and got Kaka, Crawley and Hickstead Little Chef.

You can then press a button which sends this directly to the local rag and clubs messageboard and then you can watch the mayhem spread.

Would that be the same location that Adams went to for a pleasant breakfast with Dick Knight?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
To be honest I couldn't give a shit about Murray staying/going. It's all a matter of when he leaves now because he's made it obvious that he's only in it for money, I don't think he gives a shit about the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here