Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
And do you still think you will be a force in the Championship without those two?

Danns has gone. No hope of him staying. Clyne has a year left on his contract so will probably be sold off this summer.

So to answer your question no. I can see us struggling next season, unless we bring in at least five players but i wont bore you with the details.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
Wrong.

Palace have offered him the best deal. So yes one would assume Money is the reason he is signing for Palace.

Apologies then if i have been mis-informed on that part.

Whatever way though, it appears to be clear that Glenn Murray's preferred choice is Palace, and as i said earlier, will be interesting to see now if and when this deal is completed and goes through.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Don't Palace have a fans forum this Friday? I'm sure it would be a good move for the board and Dougie to be announcing a big coup of a signing at that session. Big money, showing their ambition and commitment etc etc etc

I'm accepting of the fact Murray will go and I'm kind of resigned that it will be to Croydon. Just wish it could have ended another way.

In the words of the song 'If you've gotta go, whoa you'd better go now'

Wish we had one Thursday so we can announce murray is staying, that we have signed kazenga and michael owen is pictured holding a brighton shirt.

That ought to do it!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Can I just ask how Murray was at Selhurst Park when he has been on holiday? Also dont agents normally negotiate contracts?

Source - Glenn Murrays Travel Agent, cant say anymore than that in case the girl gets fired

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
did i not mention this last week??

funny, i thought i brought this to nsc's attention the other week, murrey been offered 15,000 to play at palace??? hmmmm and the source....nuff said.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If Murray wanted to sign for us he would have done so when the deal was first given to him. Obviously he wants to earn as much as he can and no one can blame him for that but he knows he wont get any more out of us and is still looking at other clubs so for me that is a sign he doesnt want to be here.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
And do you still think you will be a force in the Championship without those two?
We were hardly a force without those 2. And Danns missed 10-15 games anyway.

The positive is that we'll have a 100% fit Ambrose for next season. Our Scottish Alcoholic ex-manager brought him back a month early and he never recovered fully. It's an injury that really only gets to 100% with rest.

Right Back is a slot that we have to fill, but how many teams in the Championship have quality Right Backs? Last time we went up, we had Danny Butterfield there. It's one of the lower positions of the 11 in terms of importance. But it will need to be filled. But Dougie's signing of Moxey at Left Back in January was a very good signing and he was close in the voting for Player of the Year. So, if he can do the same at Right Back, we'll be fine.

I'm confident that Freedman with the advice of 2 ex-managers, will do what is needed to get us towards midtable next season, and the Owners have said that we have the same money available as the likes of Norwich and Swansea had this season.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
funny, i thought i brought this to nsc's attention the other week, murrey been offered 15,000 to play at palace??? hmmmm and the source....nuff said.

There is no way we have offered him 15k a week.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He isn't likely to tell Palace that they are not his preferred choice is he, especially as they appear to be the only club prepared to meet his wage demands. Perhaps this "thinking time" is actually further negotiating time with the other clubs. Either way, I hope he does make his mind up in the next couple of days so we can determine what is needed for next season.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Can I just ask how Murray was at Selhurst Park when he has been on holiday? Also dont agents normally negotiate contracts?

Source - Glenn Murrays Travel Agent, cant say anymore than that in case the girl gets fired
He wasn't at Selhurst Park yesterday. He was at the training ground in Beckenham.

It's nowhere near £15000 a week.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pauldrulez by any chance?

Murray will have to possibly leave his home in Brighton, he wont be able to pop down the beach or out into town without some numpty trying it on..... If he wants to stay in the town and ensure he won't get hassled, he should choose Millwall or Saints. His best contract/money offer for his family wont wash with some of the nutters in Whitehawk or Moulescombe, when he's out and about.

Most people on here and the BBS are normal but tribal fans who are non violent, and I would never condone it towards a player, but both clubs have those elements, the rivalry runs deep and bitterly for many, so I fear Murray will be looking over his shoulder if he chooses to stay living in Brighton.

It is isn't simply a risk free/cost free extra £xx per week for a top scorer to walk from Brighton to Palace or vice versa, and stay living in the area of the club just left.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Well he was 100% at our training ground yesterday so.........

Well he was on HOLIDAY in Croydon then.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

100% according to who? why would he? he employs an agent to negotiate any deals? He would only go to actually sign on the dotted line and why would he do that when he has over six weeks to get new offers?

I think someone has come up with a wind up of Michael Owen proportions!

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Murray will have to possibly leave his home in Brighton, he wont be able to pop down the beach or out into town without some numpty trying it on..... If he wants to stay in the town and ensure he won't get hassled, he should choose Millwall or Saints. His best contract/money offer for his family wont wash with some of the nutters in Whitehawk or Moulescombe, when he's out and about.

Most people on here and the BBS are normal but tribal fans who are non violent, and I would never condone it towards a player, but both clubs have those elements, the rivalry runs deep and bitterly for many, so I fear Murray will be looking over his shoulder if he chooses to stay in Brighton.

It is isn't simply a risk free/cost free extra £xx per week for a top scorer to walk from Brighton to Palace or vice versa, and stay living in the area of the club just left.

I guess thats why he has asked to think over it.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
100% according to who? why would he? he employs an agent to negotiate any deals? He would only go to actually sign on the dotted line and why would he do that when he has over six weeks to get new offers?

First time i have heard of agents doing medicals on behalf of players.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey

Most people on here and the BBS are normal but tribal fans who are non violent, and I would never condone it towards a player, but both clubs have those elements, the rivalry runs deep and bitterly for many, so I fear Murray will be looking over his shoulder if he chooses to stay in Brighton.

Rangers and Celtic players live peacefully in Glasgow and their fans are as mental as ours.

You keep believing that. Some of our fans believe the same. We'll see what happens, but he was at Beckenham and underwent a medical yesterday. Whether he signs or not is up to him for the next 2-3 days. Then Freedman will want an answer.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011

Negotiations had already taken place.

Glenn Murray was there yesterday to have his MEDICAL.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

We all know that masturbation makes you go blind and we also know that Palace fans are wankers, think that easily explains that.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
still no one has mentioned who actually saw him at the training ground?? are there pics? also why would you not have a medical at some kind of medical facility particularly with his injured shoulder to look at?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here