Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Palace's home record was the 4th best in the Championship and there is a real belief in our future under our new owners.

There are a lot of good sides in the Championship and it is very different from League One and far more competitive as Brighton will find out.

We have played in The Championship before but thanks for the tip.

We were relegated because a couple of teams above us were spending money they didn't have on players they needed to keep them up. Ring any bells with you?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

We were relegated because a couple of teams above us were spending money they didn't have on players they needed to keep them up. Ring any bells with you?

Only if the bells go 'Dung' !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Palace's home record was the 4th best in the Championship and there is a real belief in our future under our new owners.

In which case, you should get down the bookies and cash in! They clearly don't agree with you.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Only two? I can name five in that league that season who have since been caught out. Leeds, Crystal Palace, Luton, Southampton and Leicester.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
Latest news appears to be that Glenn Murray is interested in completing a move to Palace. Apparently the Palace offer isn't the best offer he has been given either so its not just money related. Supposedly he see's Palace as a club with great potential and big vision for the future.

Will just be interesting now to see if and when this deal goes through and how quickly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently the Palace offer isn't the best offer he has been given either so its not just money related. Supposedly he see's Palace as a club with great potential and big vision for the future.

QUOTE]

Of course he does :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Latest news appears to be that Glenn Murray is interested in completing a move to Palace. Apparently the Palace offer isn't the best offer he has been given either so its not just money related. Supposedly he see's Palace as a club with great potential and big vision for the future.

Will just be interesting now to see if and when this deal goes through and how quickly.

Is this joker a reincarnation of DAVETHEEAAAAAAAGGGLLLEE!!! per chance?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Wrong.

Palace have offered him the best deal. So yes one would assume Money is the reason he is signing for Palace.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
He has offers on the table from at least 3 clubs. Ourselves, You and Millwall. No-one i've spoken to knows what is going on with regards to Southampton.

Palace's offer is the best financially and right now is his favoured destination.

He has asked for some time to make the decision, but he has been warned that Dougie will move onto his next target in the next few days.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

That's wonderful Dave and for the same vision Danns and Clynne want away?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He has asked for some time to make the decision, but he has been warned that Dougie will move onto his next target in the next few days.

Cant Dougie do us a favour and move onto the next target now :laugh:

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
He has offers on the table from at least 3 clubs. Ourselves, You and Millwall. No-one i've spoken to knows what is going on with regards to Southampton.

Palace's offer is the best financially and right now is his favoured destination.

And this is from someone at Palace. Who told me about the Murray medical and meeting with Freedman, Lawrence and Kember yesterday. Same one as yesterday that was being quoted in this thread.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
That's wonderful Dave and for the same vision Danns and Clynne want away?
Clyne wants away because his agent feels he can treble his wages in the Premiership next season.

The only reason Clyne turned down the deal to Wolves in Jan 10 was because of the likeliness we went out of business at the end of the season. Which would mean any transfer fee would have become a signing on fee.

Danns wants to play in the Premiership and also, his wife doesn't like living in the South.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And this is from someone at Palace. Who told me about the Murray medical and meeting with Freedman, Lawrence and Kember yesterday. Same one as yesterday that was being quoted in this thread.

Apparently, the stumbling block appears to be Murray wanting guarantees that he'll get paid regularly and on time.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Clyne wants away because his agent feels he can treble his wages in the Premiership next season.

The only reason Clyne turned down the deal to Wolves in Jan 10 was because of the likeliness we went out of business at the end of the season. Which would mean any transfer fee would have become a signing on fee.

Danns wants to play in the Premiership and also, his wife doesn't like living in the South.

And do you still think you will be a force in the Championship without those two?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Don't Palace have a fans forum this Friday? I'm sure it would be a good move for the board and Dougie to be announcing a big coup of a signing at that session. Big money, showing their ambition and commitment etc etc etc

I'm accepting of the fact Murray will go and I'm kind of resigned that it will be to Croydon. Just wish it could have ended another way.

In the words of the song 'If you've gotta go, whoa you'd better go now'

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Palace have offered him the best deal. So yes one would assume Money is the reason he is signing for Palace.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Not to fulfil his footballing ambitions, for the Croydon lifestyle, or the kudos of playing for south London's leading comedy club? Are you SURE about that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here