Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

I for one feel very disheartened with Glenn at the moment. To think he was signing autographs on the Brighton shirts of kids that play at the football academy I work at on Saturday morning and now, he appears, although not for definite, to be on his way to Crystal Palace.... for money! Truly the behaviour of a man who does not care at all for our football club. He has been brought here, treated very well by the club (except for the Adams/Leeds bit) and particularly this year been given the special treatment both physically and mentally by Gus and the staff that he needs to excell as a player.

It is just very very dissapointing if I'm honest. Why palace? Of all the clubs that could offer him money, why them? And since when could they offer him more money than we can amyway. That may not be the case either way as Tony/Gus must be thinking, Is Glen worth 10k per week, £480,000 per anum? NO. A League One player with just ONE season of plus 20 goals in the entirety of his career which has also been played mainly at League 2 and Non-League level. I think not.

Glen, sort it out for god sake. Get your head screwed on. I don't think fans can react in any other way than complete shock and disbelief that you are possibly going to be playing for Crystal palace and even Southampton, the team your fellow team mates and manager lambasted and critiscised this season for being utter wankers towards us as a club. You have already kindly provided us with (I think) Two transfer requests and we have time and time again shown faith in you. Loyalty is something much more important than the sake of 2k more a week playing for either one of our bitter rivals.

I wish you the best of luck for your future, with or without Brighton and Hove Albion, just don't mess us about with quite apparent disloyal behaviour. It is not welcome nor appreciated.

Italiano Seagull

May 16, 2011
Well well well. So if our Glen is really off to 'er.. they who should not be named' then I would have said 'good luck and thanks for a fantastic contribution toward bringing Championship football to Brighton' Instead as it's Palace (wince) then I must say, 'enjoy the drop back into league 1' :)

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Lost all respect for him. Can't believe hes leaving this club just for the money.

Yes hes been good, and I respect what he has done but leaving this club for our rivals, just for a bit more money? Just words can't explain how annoyed I am right now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
hero to zero , northerners really are a different breed aren't they...........if he goes that is , if he stays he's still a f***ing legend but i would have thought the damage has been done as far as his relationship with the fans goes , would just like it sorted out now so we can all look forward to next season with or without him , i he goes to palace he deserves all the stick he's going to get ...and some more.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This thread is very cringeworthy. Who says Murray is even talking to them? There are a lot of assumptions and a lot of, in my opinion, patronising and overly familiar comments being made in this thread. If he signs for Palace, he'll give us a pantomime villain to boo next season. The reality is he did his job to near perfection this season and we won the league with him in the side. If he decides to leave, he's a damned fool but that's his decision to make. Maybe we should have sorted his contract out before it got to a point where he would have interest from outside. Whatever happens, I don't believe we'll go into next season with only Ashley Barnes. Gus Poyet is no idiot. I would rather have Poyet at the club than Murray.

If he does join Palace though, I will be retiring my Murray shirt from this season, and from last. :(

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
This thread is very cringeworthy. Who says Murray is even talking to them? There are a lot of assumptions and a lot of, in my opinion, patronising and overly familiar comments being made in this thread. If he signs for Palace, he'll give us a pantomime villain to boo next season. The reality is he did his job to near perfection this season and we won the league with him in the side. If he decides to leave, he's a damned fool but that's his decision to make. Maybe we should have sorted his contract out before it got to a point where he would have interest from outside. Whatever happens, I don't believe we'll go into next season with only Ashley Barnes. Gus Poyet is no idiot. I would rather have Poyet at the club than Murray.

If he does join Palace though, I will be retiring my Murray shirt from this season, and from last. :(

He has had a medical with Palace so i assume a contract offer was put to him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Forgive me for not trusting local newspapers explicitly. They've hardly earnt such trust have they.

I'm not sure a story about Murray talking to Millwall and Palace was planted to shift copies. He's hardly Owen is he ?

Maybe we should have sorted his contract out before it got to a point where he would have interest from outside.

:lol:

What by paying him above the odds for a striker untested in League One ? Poyet was never sold on Murray and doesn't strike me as someone who wants a player in his team who is only there for the money.

People do try to draw parallels with their own employment and modern footballers. These days they are probably closer to what is known as "talent" in the television industry. They come and go and are replaceable, especially when they hawk themselves around at value above their current worth.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry Crystal Palace and Glenn Murray didn't inform you first.

No, it's not that, Palace and I fell out over a urinating on the pitch debacle and Murray and I fell out over a "cheaper" gas and electricity tariff I sold him once. I don't expect to get the word from either of them, frankly. Those bridges are burnt. I just think it's a little too soon for people to be making statements that will make themselves look foolish in retrospect if he goes. If it does happen, then night night Mr Murray, enjoy your career with London's 15th best club.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
22 pages is far too many to read. Can someone fill me in on what's happened? Has he gone? Is he going? Is it all just silly season rumours?

It'll be a big loss if he goes. It'll be gutting if he goes and then pitches up at palace.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Many utterly pathetic posts on here, Murray is doing what any of us would do, trying to get the best wage he can. It's just a pity that it's with Palace. Unlike say Sol Campbell (who left Spurs on a Bosman for Arsenal) I can't see Murray winning any honours. No point in slagging the guy off just because he can get more money elsewhere but it's a pity he could be going to Palace. If indeed he is speaking to Palace even if he doesn't join them he has lost a lot respect from Brighton fans.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Loyalty is something much more important than the sake of 2k more a week playing for either one of our bitter rivals.

I'm all for loyalty... but listen to yourself. £2k extra a week (perhaps more) is a massive amount for a lower-league footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here