Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
On a brighter note, I was extremely happy to turn off that pile of steaming shite that is Holmesdale Radio. The term 'Noddy' was made for garbage like that, although it hardly comes as a surprise considering it's associated with that bunch of vermin from Croydumpsville.

I'd love to hear the Albion Roar. I bet it's worse. Probably a couple of Queen's getting wet over the "prospect" of Michael Owen joining you.

You were never gonna enjoy Palace fans talking about Palace, were you?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Theres a lot of ungracious people on NSC.
With the amount of football knowledge shown on this thread. we'd might as well get the builders at Falmer to fit the seats facing away from the pitch.

Nice to see you're filled with optimism for the coming season. :lol:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd love to hear the Albion Roar. I bet it's worse. Probably a couple of Queen's getting wet over the "prospect" of Michael Owen joining you.

You were never gonna enjoy Palace fans talking about Palace, were you?

Harsh words there churley - although you might have a point about the couple of Queen's getting wet bit to be fair...

:lolol: :fishing:

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Murray has been signing his own cheques this season, he knew he was in the shop window and played like it. That was good for us and good for him. But a Glenn Murray at the start of a contract is a completly different animal, and if we are honest we all know that.....Wherever he goes, he will put it in when he wants too.....People have short memories.

This.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Successful teams aren't made up of players who are only in them for the money. If these rumours are true, Glen just wants to earn as much as he can so that he can afford a new caravan for his summar holidays. Glen clearly is not happy with the new contract on offer to him by us, and the club does not feel he is worth more. Its a shame because Glen has been a one season wonder League One star for us, but lets just move on and sign someone who is commited to want to play for us. Its not as if Glen has scored as many goals as Wardy and Bobby at third tier level and its not the end of the world if Glen leaves for Palace. Palace will go bust again and stop paying his wages by Christmas if they are prepared to pay silly wages for unproven players at Championship level.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bring it on.:thumbsup: Hopefully with superGlen.

Nice 1 Mr S! :clap: I'd like to see Muzza stay too, but players come & players go don't they? Anyway, I have faith that Gustavo will bring in the kind of quality we need to compete in The Championship - so if Mr Murray decides it ain't his bag & walks: then so be it. This is certainly gonna be a long ol' Summer...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Go on then, I'll chuck my two pen'orth in

First off, I seriously want him to stay. I think he is an excellent player and we always look less like scoring when he's not on the pitch.

However, I can genuinely think of no footballing reason why he would rather play for Palace than us, so if he does go, it can surely ONLY be for money, in which case he can f***ing do one and he will be mercilessly booed by me if he plays against us.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Go on then, I'll chuck my two pen'orth in

First off, I seriously want him to stay. I think he is an excellent player and we always look less like scoring when he's not on the pitch.

However, I can genuinely think of no footballing reason why he would rather play for Palace than us, so if he does go, it can surely ONLY be for money, in which case he can f***ing do one and he will be mercilessly booed by me if he plays against us.

I concur. I rate him and I'd like him to stay, but if he signs for those pikey Croydon c***s he will get serious abuse from me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a funny thread this is.

Strikers eh! Who'd have 'em.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
He's not going..

"It's not true," said the Eagles boss. "His agent has offered him to us, as have so many other players, but to say a deal is done is just not true.

"The agent is just trying to get a better contract for him by putting out stories that he's about to move to Brighton's biggest rivals. I think he's a good player and in many ways I wish it was true but I don't think we'll be able to afford him. I'm sure he will have a lot of clubs interested in him."

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Shit but brilliant only when it matters...and it only matters for him and his wants and needs. Never the people that fund his f***ing wages nor pay good money to see him play. Always a selfish player, always knew that and will forever stick to this. The fact that he hasn't declared himself to not join Palace says it all to me. It's inevitable he's leaving us.

f*** him. He obviously thinks he's bigger than the club, if that's the case then he can piss off and give the blue and white stripes to someone else that isn't like Murray and someone who deserves the opportunity (liek Adgestein-though it is a huge step).

Murray, thank you for your contribution to your career at this club but it has been an absolute rollercoaster ride with you! Once again you've let me down and backed up my point that you are just a selfish tool that's in it for himself and also clearly deluded!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here