Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
For those lucky enough not to be listening who is "this guy"?

Someone in the know or some randomer?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
'The article's jumped the gun

'Palace weren't one of the two clubs who were in for him

'I'd be surprised if the Evening Standard article was true

'Milwall & Southampton in for him

'Murray had a meeting with Poyet . . . asking for a lot of money a week

'They could afford to keep him

'Five figures a week

'He'll definitely leave Brighton

'Be surprised if Palace sorted the deal

'He'd be uneasy about joining a rival club

'Doesn't sound as cut & dried as the ES have made it out to be'

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
"He's uneasy with moving to a rival".

That would show him to be at least slightly more intelligent than we're giving him credit for.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wouldnt have thought that we cant compete with teams like Palace on wages, I think its more to do with Murrays agent taking this piss and the Albion board having their heads screwed on. He scored 22 goals in league 1 in a team that romped the league (minus our end of season flop), Im sure we would pay what his agent is asking if it were Mackail-Smith we were negotiating with.

I guess what Im trying to say is he's good, but he's not that good to be demanding ridiculous wages - although im sure someone will pay it, thats football!

We can compete with Palace but Bloom (and Poyet) doesn't think he's worth what he wants.. We know Poyet has never been particularly sold on him, Murray doesn't have the club in his heart so I for one will be glad when the problem has gone. I suspect Poyet will be too.

I'm not particularly bothered if he goes down the road either since we will finish above them next season.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
For those lucky enough not to be listening who is "this guy"?

Someone in the know or some randomer?

Not entirely sure who he is, other than a Millwall fan, but I assume he is someone in the know

Think they said he was an agent or something, linked to Palace and Millwall?

EDIT: Or a local hack. My bad, couldn't hear over the white noise of the sirens, cries of multiple unfed, unchanged babies and the rocking of a vintage caravan to the tune of ingrained, none-too-secretive incestual relations.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can Millwall really afford ten grand plus a week? Half a million a year for Glenn "Lazyitis" Murray? The money in football these days is utterly ridiculous.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Still can't get over that. Five figures for someone who (apart from the last six months when he was viewing the next contract) rarely puts in a proper shift. f*** that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
But pay 1 mil up front and 500k over 3 years or nothing and 500k per year it still totals same amount. Sad if he goes as currently our best striker but think he'd be 2nd or 3rd choice for sure come 1st game and tho hard to replace just as easy to overpay someone else as him plus we might be able to find a gem instead of bankrupting ourselves.

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
Interesting, the Palace radio station says that Millwall and Southampton are the clubs in for Murray, and Palace not in it at all. Also said that we offered Murray a take it or leave it offer, and he has so far declined. He wants 5 figures a week.[/QUO

Gutted if he goes,but will be really fuucked off if he went to the pikey cvnts,been our best player since he signed,we are an average team without him,but 10k a week player he is not,so i say good luck to him, we lost a ground because of money problems,ok it wont happen again,but,lets take no chances.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Hold on guys, Murray has not said a word offically yet and I still feel 100% that he will stay next season, hold on to your thoughts until a decision is confirmed as if he stays I will be one happy fan. Will be better in the championship.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Theres a lot of ungracious people on NSC.
With the amount of football knowledge shown on this thread. we'd might as well get the builders at Falmer to fit the seats facing away from the pitch.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have Palace got a radio station :Impressed:

maybitch

May 13, 2011
in gus we trust we can get a better striker than him he not proven at this level and if its all bout money then f**k him

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
On a brighter note, I was extremely happy to turn off that pile of steaming shite that is Holmesdale Radio. The term 'Noddy' was made for garbage like that, although it hardly comes as a surprise considering it's associated with that bunch of vermin from Croydumpsville.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here