Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

randomjack

Jul 29, 2003
Where did he finish on your scorers list this season? He wasn't top scorer was he?

I've got a feeling that this is all just show to get more money out of your chairman. CPFC2010 are not the sort of guys to throw money at a player unproven at Championship level, so I can't imagine we have offered him huge amounts.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
CP 80/1 (joint bottom) to get promoted.
Don't expect those odds to shorten much or at all in getting a League One striker?

Neither the Albion or bookmakers expect a double promotion.
Consolidate and acquire better players, whilst Leeds, West Ham and others slug it out in 2011/12.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Palace fans new Murray Song.... its sickening

"There's Only One...... Glenn Murray, One....... Glenn Murray,
He Used to be Gay,
But now he's Okay,
Walking in a Murray Wonderland"

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
I know its all well and good me saying this now, but I personally have never particularly rated Murray. Never fancied saying it before as I'd get slated and rightly so the amount of goals he's scored. But I do think Barnes is just as good as Murray and I personally prefer him. So for me I'm not to fussed where/if he goes. Just my opinion.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If Bennett went to palace I'd be gutted but for some reason I don't feel the same about Murray. I don't doubt that he IS a great player but I can also see the merit it shouting abuse at him whilst we thump you (twice) next season.

I can't see Ashley Barnes leading The Albion to victory against us somehow. Gonna be a good battle for sure though.

Mar 10, 2006
At least we now know what the goal celebration was all about now - reminding us of the 5-0 beating we took!!! I don't get all this talk that "Murray is unproven at championship level so it doesn't really matter if he goes". Apart from Sparrow none of our players have experience at that level so shall we not be to bothered if they all leave then.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If he wants to, let him f*** off.

I'm just honestly surprised that he'd take a downward move career wise. It must be quite some pay differential on the table.

He'll go from a legend to a leg end in the stroke of a pen. ( and he's not much cop at those anyway).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
From their board "To all the Brighton fans reading, this is the beginning of the end of your revival. First Murray, then Bennett and finally Poyet. You have been warned." :lolol: Coming from a team which finished 5th bottom

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd laugh my bollocks off at Murray if he signs for Palace, then we DID bring in someone like Owen and maybe Sharp...How pissed off would you be if you was Murray knowing what wages we must be paying them two.....

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Our Director is coming on the radio in a min. Will give you updates.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
From their board "To all the Brighton fans reading, this is the beginning of the end of your revival. First Murray, then Bennett and finally Poyet. You have been warned." :lolol: Coming from a team which finished 5th bottom

The next thing will be that we're back at Withers, having sold Falmer to Whitehawk for a tenner.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Guess who that was? thought someone might bite... :lol:

If Ipswich had a 2.3 million bid rejected for Sharp, you're not going to sign him. You'll end up with Dele Adebola probably.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I honestly reckon he'd be a bench warmer next year anyway. We want players who WANT to play for us, like Barnes for instance, let Murray go to the scum if he wants...it'll be fun pushing him to the verge of a mental breakdown when we muller them next year! Thanks for the goals Glenn,..but for now.. f*** off to Croydon if ya want..it opens up a place for a player who actually WANTS to wear the blue n white stripes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports