Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Yes it was a joke but just as i posted it this came up on twitter

mcnulty3095 Aidan McNulty
@NeilAshton_NOTW know anything on Glenn Murray?

NeilAshton_NOTW Neil Ashton
@mcnulty3095 not coming to us, Southampton all over him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I must admit i do find this all really funny:D
You lot moaning about murray leaving for palace etc etc,how deluded are some of our fans.Fact is murray doesn't like our fans and that shows with no interaction whats so ever.He's a strange bloke who can't wait to wind us up just like we wound him up at brentford last season???

Don't like the bloke and can't wait for him to leave,and i've been saying this for bloody months and months.Why the fuss?

Poyet obviously isn't a fan of him in a personal type of way.Why are people moaning because they think we can't offer more than palace?cause we bloody can thats bloody obvious and its bloody clear that poyet knows he can get better for his money so why cave in.

Murray has worked his socks off this one season to hype himself up and soon he will be back to being a lazy arrogant git sitting on a 3 year contract at palace or wherever.

Are our fans really that blind and naive to see the otherside of murray?:glare:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
In English?

when a player is under a contract, his club can only offer him a new contract to the value of the one he is on. When the player's existing contract comes to an end, at the end of May, its a free for all.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I must admit that makes more sense. Why join the pikey scum from Scumhurst?

It actually doesnt imho, at Palarse he will be better than what they have and will play...... albeit in a shit team. At saints he has Ricky Lambert, David Connolly, Lee barnard and Johnathan Forte...... he is not going to start every game for sure..... But they will likely bankroll his pay demands.

could live with stains but not Palarse......

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
What will he gain? absofuckinglutely nothing

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ok here we go, I heard quite some time ago that a certain Rikkie Lambert did not see eye to eye with Mr Adkins and maybe after a move. Now if Murray was to go to Southampton, you would think they would have a surplus of strikers on the books....I also heard sometime ago, that Mr Poyet was very keen on Lambert and that was a long time before we plyed them at withdean, when Gus was singing his praises after the game. Now I dont think Lambert has had a great season at all, but pound for pound, I think he is a better player than Murray....Dont be surprised if Lambert is wearing the blue and white strips in August, in Murray's shirt and if that was the case, I for one think that makes the team better in that position and a lot more muscular, which will be needed in championship as well.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
He only has to score about 7 goals to become a decent striker for us.

No idea if these rumours really are true or not but we need strikers and if we can get one who scored 20 plus goals last season for free then great.

Most of you are acting in exactly the same way as you did with Calderon last season. As soon as he signed a new contract you all loved him again, no doubt you'll do the same with Murray.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
IMO if he is going to start to use other clubs to make us cough up more, i dont think he is right for the club.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
When the dust finally settles on all this Michael Owen will have signed for Inverness Caly Thistle, Murray will have gone to Boca Juniors, Lambert will be at Eastbourne Boro and Carlos Tevez will be playing for us.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He only has to score about 7 goals to become a decent striker for us.

No idea if these rumours really are true or not but we need strikers and if we can get one who scored 20 plus goals last season for free then great.

Most of you are acting in exactly the same way as you did with Calderon last season. As soon as he signed a new contract you all loved him again, no doubt you'll do the same with Murray.

just imagine press articles of Ambrose or Speroni coming to Brighton...... would it be any different?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
when a player is under a contract, his club can only offer him a new contract to the value of the one he is on. When the player's existing contract comes to an end, at the end of May, its a free for all.

That still makes no sense. Using that logic, no club would ever be able to offer a player under contract a wage rise, which happens all the time - look at Rooney earlier this season.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
just imagine press articles of Ambrose or Speroni coming to Brighton...... would it be any different?

Some of you are jumping the gun completely, as many have said, why would he join Palace over a club he's settled at?

I'd be happy if we signed him but I don't think it's true. Oh and Speroni would never join your lot...:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Some of you are jumping the gun completely, as many have said, why would he join Palace over a club he's settled at?

I'd be happy if we signed him but I don't think it's true. Oh and Speroni would never join your lot...:)
Wouldn't say he's settled but he's a strange character to say the least,bit of a loner:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here