Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
I'll believe it when I see it, all speculation at the moment. Those saying he won't be a great loss to us next season are deluded. Look at the games he hasn't featured in and our win ratio. Bournemouth/Saints away he changed the game coming on. Everyone's right about him being unproven at Championship level, I'm sure all our players will just freeze next season and not be able to play as they have never tasted Championship football.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As always im not going to name my (sauce no its not daddies ect ) Here goes ,Murry want a extra 2k than what we are offering TB and board seem happy with this but Gus is in charge of players and unlike DK TB wil not interfere with what Gus wants to do ,there is not love between gus and glen as gus does not see him as a team player.Glen is just a quite lad who keeps himself to himself and is not that botherd about going out and team bonding ect.IF THAT IS HIS NATURE YOU CANT CHANGE PEOPLE TO WHAT THEY ARE NOT,all I see when he is playing in the stripes is a guy who give his all to score goals and defend well at set pieces .GUS PLEASE SORT IT WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A GREAT MANAGER
That seems plausible from the way this has been handled and some of Gus' comments about Murray. But I agree with you, what matters most is what happens on the pitch, Murray may not be the most sociable but he doesn't seem disruptive and he is a team player ON the pitch.

He will take some serious replacing if he goes, a nice but limited lad a la Chris Wood isn't going to cut it really.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Wow! Any Brighton fans think he will move to us?

Yes he proberly will, No sleep lost though.

He's one player, if Poyet was going to you then I'd be crying into my inflatable seagull.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can't think of two players more diametrically opposite in personality. Knight always thought he was bigger than the club in my view. Murray just came over on interviews I've seen as a level-headed guy who has a life outside football. also like I posted elsewhere a bit Cantona-like in his defensive skills, that is priceless. Especially when you've got Paddy McCarthy regularly bollocking things up in your backline...
I wouldn't say entirely opposite in personality, when things weren't going his way when he joined us he was lazy and sulky.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I honestly think he'll do a leon knight if he moves there. His personality will piss the fans off and he'll be playing for Northampton before he knows it!

I share the same vision. he's a confidence player playing for a confident team. Everything will go tits up for him if he leaves for a poorer team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Come on Murray, won't you show some class? Why do you have to move to Palace?

(The Dairy Milk advert with "We don't have to take our clothes off" was just on, could this be a new song if Murray goes?!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure all our players will just freeze next season and not be able to play as they have never tasted Championship football.
Just like they did when they beat Pompey and Watford with 3 of our reserve players in the team.:facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont get me wrong, I've rated him very highly this season but from my memories I can't name you one game where Murray has tured a game around on his own. He dosen't have the attitude to do this, thats why Rochdale and myself labbelled him a confidence player.

Fact is, we are far more effective with him in the team than we are without him. There's simply no disputing that.

If Murray does indeed go (and even if it turns out NOT to be Palace, all the signs are he's on his way), then Gus is going to have to pull something out of the hat striker-wise, twice. As someone else mentioned, we will need a completely new front line, and we're going to need at least one who is a PROVEN goalscorer at this level.

I have faith that Gus will get the right players in. But we will not be in a position to take punts on young unknown foreigners this season - this is a bastardly punishing league.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'll believe it when I see it, all speculation at the moment. Those saying he won't be a great loss to us next season are deluded. Look at the games he hasn't featured in and our win ratio. Bournemouth/Saints away he changed the game coming on. Everyone's right about him being unproven at Championship level, I'm sure all our players will just freeze next season and not be able to play as they have never tasted Championship football.

He will be a loss but if he goes to Palace they have a higher valuation of him than Gus does, frankly I'll take Mr Poyet's opinion over anybody else's.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fact is, we are far more effective with him in the team than we are without him. There's simply no disputing that.

If Murray does indeed go (and even if it turns out NOT to be Palace, all the signs are he's on his way), then Gus is going to have to pull something out of the hat striker-wise. As someone else mentioned, we will need a completely new front line, and we're going to need at least one who is a PROVEN goalscorer at this level.

I have faith that Gus will get the right players in. But we will not be in a position to take punts on young unknown foreigners this season - this is a bastardly punishing league.

This! At present it would be a Barnes and Agdestein strike force!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes he proberly will, No sleep lost though.

He's one player, if Poyet was going to you then I'd be crying into my inflatable seagull.

We don't need him, we've got the Scottish version with added "Loyalty" ingredient.

Whereas if Chelsea come calling.....:whistle:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think we need some perspective here.

There are many who are writing off Murray as a player. That's just plain wrong. Yes, he's unproven at Championship level but he has been a good player for us; scored great goals, has a good eye and an instinctive finish, gets penalties, defends well and one of the best headers of the ball I've seen in the stripes.

There are many writing him off as a person. Well I don't work with him but he's never seemed to me to a a Bertie Big Spuds. He comes across as a very intense, almost shy individual (witness his post match interview when we lost away from home at Huddersfield this year that's on the mid year DVD).

The current side havn't looked as good when he doesn't play.

I'm sure that Stephenson will control the negotiations and he may know more about Championship wages than we all do given his time at Watford. I appreciate that players come and go. In purely footballing terms I should wish him well for the rest of his career ......................HOWEVER

If he thinks that waddling off to Selhurst Park, prostituting himself like a cheap two bit brass and leaving the gus bus to join the caravan that is palace is anything other than a poor move in common sense terms then he's in for a mighty shock next year. I'm only glad I'm in the respect stand where I'll have to silently fume and risk a myocardial infarction rather than placed elsewhere where I can let rip my FURY at him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We don't need him, we've got the Scottish version with added "Loyalty" ingredient.

Whereas if Chelsea come calling.....:whistle:
Of course, Palace's manager wouldn't leave if the second richest club in the country came in for him. :lol:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth

If Murray does indeed go (and even if it turns out NOT to be Palace, all the signs are he's on his way), then Gus is going to have to pull something out of the hat striker-wise. As someone else mentioned, we will need a completely new front line, and we're going to need at least one who is a PROVEN goalscorer at this level.

I see your point but how do we know we can't replace him? Poyets been speaking of a special striker for some time now which shows he has targets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here