Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to make move permanant?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think this is Ken Dodd's accountant.

On the subject of Brighton, there's a very interesting thread on NSC regarding FFP. Not so much for the partially debunked article linked to but the discussion about how they keep under the threshold by using whatever depreciation they need to on the stadium.

So their owner gifts them a £100m+ stadium and then they use that effectively as a slush fund to top up whatever they need to keep within FFP limits. Then their fans go around being sanctimonious about the spending of other clubs...

Since we now know FFP isn't an issue for them, I hope we sting them for GM.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootbal...asp?tid=78354&start=21&posts=22#ixzz4UbmzNMck

I'm no financial wizard but even I know that isn't how depreciation works.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

On the subject of Brighton, there's a very interesting thread on NSC regarding FFP. Not so much for the partially debunked article linked to but the discussion about how they keep under the threshold by using whatever depreciation they need to on the stadium.

So their owner gifts them a £100m+ stadium and then they use that effectively as a slush fund to top up whatever they need to keep within FFP limits. Then their fans go around being sanctimonious about the spending of other clubs...

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootbal...asp?tid=78354&start=21&posts=22#ixzz4UbmzNMck

Divided by 14 years homeless so to speak,that must be factored in......i'd say we are out of pocket personally..

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
"Anthony Knockaert seems to be Brighton's most consistent player and scored 8 goals from midfield this season, would he do a job for us?
Maybe a swap for Murray."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But but I thought it was FACT the moment GM signed a new contract he became shitehouse for 2 seasons.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Just going to put this out there as an alternative view.......

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of GM and will be eternally grateful for everything that he is doing to get the club promoted, but we know that he struggled in the top flight to hold down a regular starting position.

He got badly injured just before his first season in the PL, so missed most of that. Then he played a bit for Palace, scoring 8 in 31. Then that muppet took over and he hardly played.

Bournemouth signed him, not sure why as they don't play to his strengths.

He's scored more than once against Man City and Chelsea.

Given the right manager and the right team, I think he'll do well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Clueless, maybe remind him that they cheated big time and failed FFP themselves the season they went up :rolleyes:

Twats

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I'm not sure he understands what depreciation is.

Depreciation of our stadium, or any other asset like machinery etc does not somehow allow us to spend more, it's just an exempt (but significant) expense from the maximum losses of FFP(or whatever it is called now).

I'm finding an increasing number of people (growing at the same rate as our chances of promotion) thinking we are spunking cash here, there and everywhere in order to get promoted.

They need only look at our transfers to see that this is not the case. The bulk of our losses are from wages, depreciation of our facilities and running a category A academy. Two of which are categorised as permitted losses.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not sure he understands what depreciation is.

i think its simply he, along with many others, do not understand FFP only covers playing expenses. stadium and acedemy arent counted. so people see the loss of x in the company accounts they assume incorrectly the whole lot counts in FFP when only a proportion does. i can see why people would get confused by this, not knowing how much of the losses are playing operations and how much other costs. need to highlight this to people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here