Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Straight swap for Zaha + £3m for us!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I were Murray I'd be off to Celtic like a shot. If they had any sense hed be training just enough to keep fit ,possibly with us if they send him home for a couple of days between games. I'd love to see him finish hi career with a couple of meaningful medals in his pocket. Plus hed get the chance to play in European competition in front of big passionate crowds.
Or maybe go to Reading and play in a lifeless stadium in front of a load of carrot crunching , straw chewing mutes.

He wouldn’t go back there I would have thought.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He's a pro, that wouldn't even come in to it. He scored goals for that south London filth that helped keep us down, even against us!

True, he is a pro.

However, that was after we told him we don’t want you anymore, when he was a fully signed up member of another team and when he was in his prime.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
If it is a loan, there would be a clause preventing from playing us.

To be fair, I'm not convinced he would fire Villa or Newcastle up the league, so I'm pretty easy going about it

doesn't matter about the game against us, if he scores extra goals in other games that give the team he is loaned to an extra point or two and they finish in 17th 1 point above us then he will have sent us down by proxy

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Getting on, totally devoid of pace in our new system, and imho he doesn't appear to be a BHA 'fan' specifically so time to move him on.

Oh dear, move him on because he isn't an Albion 'fan'? If we did that with with all of our players we wouldn't have any left.

Professional football is an occupation, it's what these guys do to make a living. They don't have to support the team that they play for, in fact very few do!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh dear, move him on because he isn't an Albion 'fan'? If we did that with with all of our players we wouldn't have any left.

Professional football is an occupation, it's what these guys do to make a living. They don't have to support the team that they play for, in fact very few do!

Get rid of Dunk - Chelsea fan

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Oh dear.

Point was a combination of several factors, not just one in isolation. But I think even you knew that.

That said, don't think he'll be having a coaching role here à la Bruno.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Friend of a friend that supports Villa seems convinced Glenn is going there. Not sure what has convinced him so much though.

*EDIT*

Quick look on the Villatalk forum transfer thread and none of them seem too keen on Glenn Murray and are instead going on about how they should have signed Maupay and talking about Maupay is better than Wesley, who they did sign but is now injured.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Friend of a friend that supports Villa seems convinced Glenn is going there. Not sure what has convinced him so much though.

Can't believe Murray would be allowed to go to one of our relegation rivals. Forest or Celtic on loan for the rest of the season before returning to become our full-time striker coach?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Am I right in thinking that the club nowadays wouldn’t tell journalists ‘on or off the record’ if they were interested in a player or not?
Also, wouldn’t any club employee leaking such information be receiving their cards immediately?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I right in thinking that the club nowadays wouldn’t tell journalists ‘on or off the record’ if they were interested in a player or not?
Also, wouldn’t any club employee leaking such information be receiving their cards immediately?

It happened last season with a groundsman at Lancing who was just a minor worker with no influence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports