Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to beat Nadal - PLEASE get on LARGE

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
that was some brilliant tennis and effort from tsonga.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
mmmmmmmm didnt our own Mystic Smeg have that as straight sets? as they say almost but no banana!! (i changed the saying as tennis players like bananas)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
James Corden and Michael McIntyre shown in the Wimbledon crowd sharing a JOKE.

You know, just in case either of them haven't been on telly enough over the past 12 months. :rolleyes:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
From your last failed betting thread:

Gone are the days of betting for me. This loss has hit me hard in the pocket. I had budgeted all year based on the potential winnings of this bet (going into overdraft as I presumed £1000 of the winnings would pay it off).

This teaches you that there are NO sure fire bets sadly, even though I had spent one month researching all the relevant information.

We'll live and learn, and my hard times now (I was meant to go away for the summer but now I can't) will teach me well.

But now magically you have £350 to twat away!
I can absoluetly assure you that Murray will beat Nadal today. His time has come. I've put 50% of the money I have available to me on it at 7/4! (£350)

If he wasn't to win, it's going to be a summer sitting indoors for me!

COME ON ANDY!!!

Please stop lying. It's just embarrassing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Murray is NOWHERE NEAR losing this match yet and ALREADY it's defeatist comments. Just shows why we fail as a sporting nation really.

Clearly no one watched the Tsonga Federer match.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Murray is NOWHERE NEAR losing this match yet and ALREADY it's defeatist comments. Just shows why we fail as a sporting nation really.

Clearly no one watched the Tsonga Federer match.

His head looks to have gone already. Not fussed if he wins or loses but he just doesn't have that champion spirit about him in my opinion

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Admired Jackie Stewart. Can tollerate David Coulthard. Forgave Gordon Smith. Think Lulu and Gordon Greer would make a nice attractive couple. Even vaguely supported Scotland & Ally's army in 74. But I can't wish anyone called Murray well at the moment, Especially this miserable arsey git.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Murray stops the rot in the 3rd set by holding serve. Murray needs to really dig in here as his Brit/Jock percentage has slipped over the last 8 games.

He came out flying in the first few games with a Brit/Jock % of 91%, trouble is, he can't maintain that and after tailing off in the 2nd set he has slipped back to 75%. if it slips back to 60% I can see that ratio plummeting as everyone bales out.

A small futile gesture like slipping while running or maybe a strop of about 7 on the McEnroe scale may just be enough to push it back up

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The problem is that Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are in a league of their own, and the UK media makes the annual mistake of imagining Murray to be in their elite group. He's not.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very decent tenniser, but he's simply not in that top echelon with the others. Until such time as he wins a Slam event, he will always remain in the gang of nearly men like Soderling and Tsonga, who win tour events and trouble the best at the majors, but never actually win them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not often I back the Scot but I'd have loved to see him beat Nadal. Good 1st set but wheels well and truly off now. Fully expect a 4th set capitulation to go with the 2nd and 3rd set ones.

Murray will NEVER win a grand slam, the top 3 are so much better than him when the chips are down and there are now kids coming through. Might be a long wait for the next British contender. Apart from today's inevitable thrashing he's not taken a set in any of the finals he has made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here