Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray the 70 million pound mistake?

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
:bowdown:

Least we can now look forward to Sunday and whatever that may bring.

Indeed and that could be anything. I'll come on afterwards and we'll have some banter about it. Although might be Monday if we get hammered...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great statement of guesses and anti Murray vitriol.

Murray was on £3,250 at League One.
Long before he or his agent talked to Palace, but after our promotion was a near certainty, he was seeking £6,000 per week, which is a fraction of the wages paid to CMS, Bridge, Vicente, Buckley, Bruno, Orlandi, Lopez, and so on, and virtually all the players at a host of other Championship clubs, plus many others like Chopra.

Murray wanted to stay local with us.

Gus made an unnecessary stance against one of our stars of the promotion team.

Low budget Palace came along and simply met the £6k a week.

I agree with your figures up until the last sentence. The guardian reported Murray's wages at Palace as 13K a week, just recently. The other factor was that we were offering him a 2 year deal & Palace a 3 year deal. Now, as a player, which one would you choose?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Glen murray would have put the penalty away tonight how many more points would we have with murray still on board?

Liam.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Failure to be promoted will cost us how much 50,60 or 70 million plus another two years of parachute payments,looks like the extra murray was said to want would have been a bargain:facepalm:
Some ones arrogance has cost us dear???

it was his arrogance and better than you attitude that seen him off +of coarse the money he got
nothing will ever convince me that he would have been that good with us.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Murray wouldn't score anything like the goals he has this season in our formation. End of.

Ulloa had one chance apart from the pen last night, and finished it. Everyone misses penalties, Murray missed one a couple of weeks back.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
and you know that do you?

Of course he didnt want to stay - he ****ed off to palace, he rejected our contract offer - is that the actions of player that wants to stay. FFS murray people are morons. I swore i wasnt gonna bite on this thread but there you go caught hook line and sinker.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Has the 'ITK' guy posted yet. Who claims Murray is 33, on 30k a week and lives in Preston park posted yet? He's my favourite guy on here ;)

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Of course he didnt want to stay - he ****ed off to palace, he rejected our contract offer - is that the actions of player that wants to stay. FFS murray people are morons. I swore i wasnt gonna bite on this thread but there you go caught hook line and sinker.

And he was made an offer was he????
Muzza was unaware of this offer apparently.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murray chose to play for Palace rather than play for us.

Simple as that and good luck to him, but the price he pays for that is his status which is now that of judas {censored}.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Has the 'ITK' guy posted yet. Who claims Murray is 33, on 30k a week and lives in Preston park posted yet? He's my favourite guy on here ;)

He must live round here, ne c'est pas? I've just seen him go past my window for about the tenth time since he left. The only Albion player I've ever seen in the city centre is Brez. Clearly would choose us over them if it was down to living arrangements...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
He must live round here, ne c'est pas? I've just seen him go past my window for about the tenth time since he left. The only Albion player I've ever seen in the city centre is Brez. Clearly would choose us over them if it was down to living arrangements...

there are 2/3 posters on here that know exactly where he lives,also what colour his tiles are in his bathroom and that his mrs is fit....shall i name and shame them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here