Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray swap with Hoskins ?

seagull stu

Feb 14, 2007
Just say Glenn Murray at the petrol station on dyke road filling up his Audi. I asked him if he was coming back and all he said was it depends on will.

He has to be talking about Hoskins but no certainty Hoskins would agree to go.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So we'd effectively have lost 500k (possibly more), given Hoskins has played 5-10 games, and we lost Murray for free.

Awkward.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I wouldn't mind Murray back but I do not want to see Hoskins leave, especially to the dark side. I really think that when fit he is a quality striker.

On another note, and don't make anything of It I just thought I'd share, a colleague has informed me that Heskey has recently purchased a house in Roedean.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
and of course you used your camera phone to substantiate your post???

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Oh dear...

prince-william-foot_669842n.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So we'd effectively have lost 500k (possibly more), given Hoskins has played 5-10 games, and we lost Murray for free.

Awkward.

Not awkward at all. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and concede that a player just isn't going to work. I like Hoskins, but maybe we're just not the club for him. I hoped he'd have made a go of it this season, but yet another injury possibly suggests fate is conspiring against him. Plus I'm not sure how he'd fit into our system currently, even when fit.

If that particular swap goes ahead, then it's not a massive loss, as we get a player Palace would normally charge a fee for as part of the deal. If Murray hadn't been at the end of his contract with us previously, he'd have been worth a decent fee, a fee that Palace could not have afforded.

It's football, you don't always make profits on players. I also suspect "it depends on Will" refers more to his injury than to his willingness to go.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not sure why Gus has written Hoskins up after seemingly talking him up a bit in pre season, and clearly he was part of the team and doing quite well. If it's frustration at another injury that seems a bit harsh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and of course you used your camera phone to substantiate your post???

Please enlighten me as to how a photograph of Glenn Murray at a petrol station would convince you of an imminent transfer...?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
On another note, and don't make anything of It I just thought I'd share, a colleague has informed me that Heskey has recently purchased a house in Roedean.

Ovingdean I was told and he did it a few months ago now.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
That is so ironic... just saw Michael Owen filling up his Ferrari at the Tesco filling station in Mold.
I asked him if he was signing for us before the transfer window closes and he also just replied: "It all depends on Will"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here