Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray stalling on new contract with Palace

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He would be on a free

No he wouldn't. Not at the end of this season anyway.

palace gave him a three year contract, one of the main reasons he jumped ship, as we only offered two years. So he still has over a year left.

Incidentally i was told last week that he has just sold his flat in Preston Park, and bought another house in Brighon.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No he wouldn't. Not at the end of this season anyway.

palace gave him a three year contract, one of the main reasons he jumped ship, as we only offered two years. So he still has over a year left.

Incidentally i was told last week that he has just sold his flat in Preston Park, and bought another house in Brighon.

It must have been a flat with a big garden then. Seeing as a friend of mine was doing his garden for many weeks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very few strikers make the jump from good championship striker, too good prem striker. Zamora, Holt, Davies spring to mind but they are few and far between. Would be a big gamble for any prem club, signing Murray for big bucks.

Season Winner Club Goals Games[note 1] Rate Ref
2004–05 Nathan EllingtonT Wigan AthleticP 24 45 0.53 [1]
2005–06 Marlon KingT WatfordP 21 41 0.51 [2]
2006–07 Jamie Cureton Colchester United 23 44 0.52 [3]
2007–08 Sylvan Ebanks-Blake Plymouth Argyle Wolverhampton Wanderers[note 2] 23 45 0.51 [4]
2008–09 Sylvan Ebanks-BlakeT (2) Wolverhampton WanderersC 25 39 0.64 [5]
2009–10 Nicky Maynard Peter WhittinghamT Bristol City Cardiff City 20 42/46 0.47/0.45 [6]
2010–11 Danny Graham T Watford 24 45 0.53 [7]
2011–12 Rickie Lambert T SouthamptonP 27 42 0.6 [8]
2012–13 Glenn Murray* Crystal Palace* 29* 33* 0.88* [9]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Glenn is a class act. Even though he was smiling on the inside, he was very respectful and didn't celebrate any of the goals yesterday.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
From their board....

Glenn Murray offered 3 year contract extension - Page 12 - CPFC BBS

The Twitter source was me...as i spoke directly to Glenn Murrays wife on Sunday, here's what she told me:-

1. He has only been offered a one year extension on his contract.
2. He wants a 3 year deal
3. he doesn't want anymore money than what he's on now, just a longer deal.
4. The offer landed on his doorstep the morning of the Derby game.
5. As they live in Brighton she joked about a return to the Seaweed, I stress she was joking.

I dont think she has any reason to lie and was a good honest conversation.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From their board....

Glenn Murray offered 3 year contract extension - Page 12 - CPFC BBS

The Twitter source was me...as i spoke directly to Glenn Murrays wife on Sunday, here's what she told me:-

1. He has only been offered a one year extension on his contract.
2. He wants a 3 year deal
3. he doesn't want anymore money than what he's on now, just a longer deal.
4. The offer landed on his doorstep the morning of the Derby game.
5. As they live in Brighton she joked about a return to the Seaweed, I stress she was joking.

I dont think she has any reason to lie and was a good honest conversation.

He sounds like a right idiot:

Today, 12:04 PM
Fareham_Eagle

I wouldnt of minded but some tool started throwing coins which was unacceptable..plus we were majorly pissed having our own waitress bringing a constant flow of beers, we even made her go downstairs and bring some Cronx up. lol

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It must have been a flat with a big garden then. Seeing as a friend of mine was doing his garden for many weeks.

I was under the impression he and the missus were having a place built (or perhaps done up, not sure of the details) in Patcham, so it doesn't necessarily suggest somebody keen to move north.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Southampton would be a good side to go to for him. Play alot like Palace and a partnership with Lambert would almost secure them another season in the prem. plus he gets to stay down south.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Not particularly surprising this is it? He'll probably score about 35 goals this season and so will be naturally eyeing the Premier League. As we all would, no?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Not particularly surprising this is it? He'll probably score about 35 goals this season and so will be naturally eyeing the Premier League. As we all would, no?

Quite. We'll struggle to keep him if we don't go up - but we'll get £3M+ if he leaves. Jedinak would go too for a bit more.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe Gus gave him the nod that he'll take him with him to Reading?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here