Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Saturday

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I work with a Posh fan . Apparently Murray was getting no service all afternoon and resorted to clattering into the Posh defence out of frustration. Did it 4 times . Third time was lectured with Palace captain by ref . Fourth time lucky not to go off.
Sounds like the old Murray is back.
Could be by the time we play them ,they will be booing him more than we will . :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It wouldn't surprise me if he is not in the starting 11 by the time we play them. We all know what a sensitive soul he is and i couldn't ever see this turning out well for him

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I don't think it's Murray that's the problem, I think it's the rest of the team, or rather he won't fit into the way they play. He was superb for us last year because he played the target man striker really well, and got the passes and crosses he wanted. Some of the evidence from their fans' comments during preseason was that none of the other players were on the same wavelength and wouldn't give him the ball when he wanted it. And as you say, that makes him get frustrated and be like the old Murray we knew :lol:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
By the end of the season I think Palace fans will regret all the shit they gave us about signing our 'best player'. Good player in the right team, pile of wank in a shit team.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He is the same as (almost) all strikers, only as good as the service he receives. If they can't play to his strengths then he is going to be ineffective. Incidentally, pre-season our friends from Croydon told us we would be kicked off the field in this division, they are now accusing us of being over physical, based upon the nonsense spouted about the challenge on Sharp and Hayter injuring himself...Which is it to be, please?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I work with a Posh fan . Apparently Murray was getting no service all afternoon and resorted to clattering into the Posh defence out of frustration. Did it 4 times . Third time was lectured with Palace captain by ref . Fourth time lucky not to go off.
Sounds like the old Murray is back.
Could be by the time we play them ,they will be booing him more than we will . :lol:

Changing the subject slightly can you ask your Posh colleague what's happening with the terraces at London Road. I'm sure someone told me last season that it was their last season and they were putting seats on to them.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
According the their website a few weeks ago, they will start the work on the new away end in October.
Changing the subject slightly can you ask your Posh colleague what's happening with the terraces at London Road. I'm sure someone told me last season that it was their last season and they were putting seats on to them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Murray committed more fouls on Saturday than any other player in the league.

Twas always the way though. Last season he was one of the most fouled, and at the same time was amongst the top few when it came to committing fouls himself.

I would love to see Palace give him the role of penalty taker :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think it was his flick-on for their goal though..
It was, and I saw he joined in with the goal celebration. Early days still, takes a while for players to get used to each other's runs, so we'll get a better idea after a couple of months.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

He's just popped out somewhere , but I will ask him .
I know he was telling me the Moyes End was the first end to be seated , but he also said there were 3200 in there last Saturday , so clearly not started yet

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
According the their website a few weeks ago, they will start the work on the new away end in October.

Last I heard, work started after Leeds visit them, presumbly to cram in as many as they can

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I had a look at the text commentary from this game on the bbc earlier, and searched for Murray. Other than an assist for the goal, it was always either offside, fouling someone or being fouled

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Re the Moyes -Posh away end .
My colleagues thinks the last time it will be used will be against Leeds on the 22/10. It will then be demolished and the away fans will be limited to 1000 seats in the stand to our right. Once it is completed , they will knock down the home end , and the home fans will use the new Moyes End until the home end is finished.
It sounds as if it will be scramble to get tickets there now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cant believe I just started a new thread on this subject, only to find all the information I needed hidden in this one.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
By the end of the season I think Palace fans will regret all the shit they gave us about signing our 'best player'. Good player in the right team, pile of wank in a shit team.

That can be said of nearly every player however, I think he will do ok for them still.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Re the Moyes -Posh away end .
My colleagues thinks the last time it will be used will be against Leeds on the 22/10. It will then be demolished and the away fans will be limited to 1000 seats in the stand to our right. Once it is completed , they will knock down the home end , and the home fans will use the new Moyes End until the home end is finished.
It sounds as if it will be scramble to get tickets there now.

Cheers to you both.

Bit of a shame but that's football now I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here