Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray/Poyet falling out

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
Dunno 'bout the bust up, but as tactics go Gus put me in mind of Ali's rope a dope against Foreman.

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
This is all aload of bullshit. Murray has been dropped to the bench because Poyet wants to get Wood's games and fitness up and then he brings Murray on because he knows Murray can change the game. Pathetic looking for excuses.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
FFS Can everyone just get a grip.

Why does a new thread have to be started every 5 mins.

I vote the next person to start a thread on this "issue" should be banned.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And didn't Poyet praise Murray's contribution against Saints?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Every time I read a Poyet interview he talks about players winning the shirt and staking a claim for a starting place. I think this is nothing more the reminding players not to be complacent and creating competition for places

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Murray didn't strike me as being unhappy, far from it. Although clearly if he can't get into the team in the next few games he will become so. However I think based on last night he will be back in the side pretty soon.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Or perhaps someone has heard something they thought worthy of posting on here?

You're not always right you know...

Apr 28, 2010
İbrahim Tatlıses;3821642 said:
My friend within the club claims that the club is already in negotiations with other clubs for Murray's exit in January...

Well dont know about other clubs in negotiations with Murry but i do know contract talks were opened before Bennett started to talk about new contract and we all know he has signed so i would say there is a problem of some sort.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I heard from 2 different people last night that Poyet and Murray have had a pretty big bust up lately, and that is why Glenn has featured little, I'm not sure I believe it myself, just passing on what I have heard, don't shoot the messenger.

There's nothing to see here....please move along !!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I heard from 2 different people last night that Poyet and Murray have had a pretty big bust up lately, and that is why Glenn has featured little

i reckon you heard from two different people who are just pondering or making stuff up. has featured little? when was the last game Murray didnt actually play and how many in total? so what if he's been moved to the bench a few games, even the best players are rested...

Murray didn't look particularly disgruntled last night.[...]At full-time he was high-fiving everyone and shaking hands all over the place.
Murray didn't strike me as being unhappy, far from it.

seems to be more rational observations, he doesnt look unhappy, so why the speculation. we've seen him unsettled, we've seen the results of falling out with Gus (Forster). i really dont see he wants away or we want rid, he will be here next season.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Poyet knows fully well that Murray is the best striker at the club.

Personally, I think it is a part tactical decision to leave him out the side, and part attempt to make a point to Murray that he isn't as valuable to us as he might think while they have his contract discussions (Although I have no doubt Poyet would have no problem with Glenn signing a contract that makes him one of the highest paid players at the club. Just not on a contract that breaks the wage bill.).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Exactly.

Maybe Murrays got a little niggle.

This as well, groin problems in the past which he looked like he was getting treatment on after coming off at Peterborough. Wise to give him a rest when you can.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We never got these threads when Gus benched Lualua.
Because that was an obviously tactical decision. This isn't really, people have suggested Poyet might be keeping Murray on the bench as a 'gamechanger', they could be right, but they're guessing just as much as anyone who says he could be injured or contract trouble or anything else. Also I'm unconvinced that Poyet would do that twice in a row given how ineffective we were with the other two on Saturday (unsurprisngly that continued on Tues).
Also as far as any of us know LuaLua doesn't have any history of any problems. He wasn't a permanent player coming out of contract.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There is every chance though that it is tactical. I know to the naked eye you see Murray comes on and we look more dangerous. Obvious conclusion, play Murray.. However if Gus thinks we need to stop an opposition player doing something that aids the opposition or he needs his striker to tuck in and do a slightly unconvential role then perhaps in recent games Barnes has been more suited to that role. Morris was making the point earlier about Murray being excellent defending set pieces, which i totally agree with, although one moment that stuck out yesterday was Barnes throwing himself in front of a Lallana shot in the first half. Would Glenn have been back there, would he have chucked himself in the way? I don't know. Although I don't think its always as simple as some people like to make out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I agree Turkey. It is over simplistic to argue either way.

On the face of it, it worked well. We didn't concede and then we looked threatening when Murray came on.

However, perhaps we might have been three up with Murray on the pitch or three down. Who knows?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I agree Turkey. It is over simplistic to argue either way.

On the face of it, it worked well. We didn't concede and then we looked threatening when Murray came on.

However, perhaps we might have been three up with Murray on the pitch or three down. Who knows?

Exactly and as long as we're getting results, we've got to trust Gus. He's done pretty well so far!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here