Murray or CMS?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I know this has been covered before but who is better? I know Murray has been pants this season but I just think its a real shame he isn't playing for us still. His style clearly fitted in well last season and CMS has struggled. Views?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I know this has been covered before but who is better? I know Murray has been pants this season but I just think its a real shame he isn't playing for us still. His style clearly fitted in well last season and CMS has struggled. Views?

Neither,but Glenn if i had to make the choice

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
pointless thread but if you compare the two based on last season at League 1 level and this season in the Championship it would be hard to find any reason for preferring Murray. CMS' record is way better over two seasons which should say enough.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Sad to say, but I hope CM-S is on his way. He is good but is a misfit and in retrospect Glenn Murray suits our style of play better.
If Gus and Freedman admit their errors. I would love to see him back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Murray all the way.

CMS is an expensive closer-downer of defenders, and can't finish off chances & half chances in the Championship during his 2 spells.
Lost at sea when a forlorn Vicente looks to play him in, and CMS is in the wrong place.

But Gus will never eat humble pie on Murray.

And buy another pacey class finisher striker too.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
cms all day. Cms didn't piss off up the road, did he?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
CMS all the way,he is a clever guy (yes,I have had the privilege of meeting him) and is learning the Gus way of playing.He will be with us next season and will start banging in the goals for us.He does need and will get a better quality strike partner.I liked Glen Murray but feel he lacks the "spark" and energy CMS has.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If it is a straight choice between the two then CMS.

If it is a choice between £2.5m for CMS or nothing for Murray (and the money spent elsewhere), then Murray.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
CMS, yeah he hasnt scored many goals but he hasnt pissed off to our rivals (and i cant see them forking out a couple of million for him next season either).

Although, with above, if it would of saved us £2.5 Million, id of chosen Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports