Murray offered substantial pay rise, deal still deadlocked

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What an obnoxious arsehole I suppose that comes with being better than everybody else and living in Kent, why dont you go and support a Kent club like Gillingham.

I have the misfortune to live in Kent so I should support a Kent football team? Good point well made. Wish I thought of that. Better than being a bitter old bastard that failed to get his slice of the club and has bitched and moaned about the team ever since.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
walt jabsco knows about as much about the albion as elton john does about pussies.....

Elton John was married to a woman back in the last century so would have inside information on pussy even if it didn't rock his boat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you are going to make insinuations about me make sure you get your facts right. I was never ever going to own any part of BHA a club that I have SUPPORTED for the past 60+ years. Just go back to your usual character assassination and do not bother to stimulate any discussion or inmterest from us inferiors or as you have said better still put ,me on your ignore list.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It's not worth spending more on him, if he wants to go let him go. His ego gets the best of him, he should start playing football for the club and not the money.

Agree. I think he was absolutely superb this season and will, I believe, continue to improve, which he will have to do anyway to score in the Championship.

Go on Glenn, sign now for another two seasons. On the other side I hope he is offered an end of season bonus next year for the number of goals he scores. How about?
0-5 goals 50p
6-10 goals £10,000
11-15 goals £100,000
16-21 goals £250,000
22-30 goals £500,000
31 goals plus freedom of the City plus a bigun!

simples

TNBA

TTF

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Championship wages average £275k per annum per Deloittes from the audited accounts of all clubs.
And most of these are bigger clubs with bigger support than Millwall's:
Average Premiership salary now £1.1M-a-year | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

This is based on average Championship revenues of £19.6m.

Millwall's staff costs:
http://www.millwallholdingsplc.co.uk/interimresults_dec2010.pdf Being £4m for the half year, £8m annually.
on a low turnover of £11.5m.

Why would they pay Murray £600k per annum (twice the division average) when their turnover and therefore wages budget is small compared to the others?

The answer, the £600k per annum is ficticious.

http://www.millwallholdingsplc.co.uk/interimresults_dec2010.pdf

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
... are the programmes still going to be £3?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What an enjoyable read that was... took about 6 years, but well worth it... on, wait a minute, I learnt precisely NOTHING that I didn't know before I started...

IMHO, the club are handling this in exactly the way they should... offering the best deal they can... Glenn has done nothing wrong either; holding out for the best contract he can get... who knows where this will all end, but he would be a fool to go to either Pal@rse (perennial relegation strugglers) or Millwall (we ARE a bigger club than them with a brighter future), and why would the SCC be interested exactly?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A spokesman for Murray claimed 'If they come up with an offer which represents his market value, in line with other clubs, then he would be more than happy to sign because he loves playing for Brighton. He wants to stay, there is no doubt about that. He loves the fans and has an enormous amount of respect for the club but at the moment the offer is nowhere near the market rate of what Glenn deserves for where he is at'.

Murray's spokeman is full of shit.

He patently doesn't love the fans, and his disinterested lifting of the trophy at the victory parade was nothing short of churlish.

Sign. Don't sign. Life goes on.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Murray's spokeman is full of shit.

He patently doesn't love the fans, and his disinterested lifting of the trophy at the victory parade was nothing short of churlish.

Sign. Don't sign. Life goes on.

Yep this is getting annoying now. Will he, wont he. If Murray is not careful he might find himself without a club come the new season, because we might close the door on him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports