Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray offered substantial pay rise, deal still deadlocked

How do you know they have made their best offer and how do you know he is being ridiculous. Do you know the exact figures being talked about or, like most, are you speculating on other people's rumours. This is a negotiating process and neither side is going to broadcast their true hand to the media. So Murray doesn't rant and rave about the albion, so what. He is an employee just like all the other players. Pity the poor fools that get suckered into believing that just because some shallow mug kisses his badge when he scores that makes him a bleed for the club he plays for.

Here (2nd paragraph). Rest of the post is sound enough.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Murray is quality and has got better and better over the last couple of years. Of course no one wants to see him go and no one wants to break up a sucessful team.

The problem is as in all work places; when you find out the person next to you doing the same job is earning more than you; what do you do; go and knock on the bosses door and ask for more cash.

The Albion have rightly put in place a cap on salary and that can't be exceeded, if it is the domino affect comes in and everyone wants a bigger slice of the pie.

Really don't want to see Murray go but if he or his agent wont play ball with the club well he's out of the door. Shame he is out of contract as we get bugger all but that is what makes him as an individual more appealing to other clubs and his agent knows that.

How do you know they have made their best offer and how do you know he is being ridiculous. Do you know the exact figures being talked about or, like most, are you speculating on other people's rumours. This is a negotiating process and neither side is going to broadcast their true hand to the media. So Murray doesn't rant and rave about the albion, so what. He is an employee just like all the other players. Pity the poor fools that get suckered into believing that just because some shallow mug kisses his badge when he scores that makes him a bleed for the club he plays for.

2nd paragraph.
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet: Its Decision

Rest of the post seems sound enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Murray has been an absolute star for us this season, I've always rated him but this year he has moved onto a higher level - brilliant all round play, well matched to Gus's style plus over 20 goals. I really hope he stays, but would not consider him a Judas if, out of contract with us, he accepted a better offer - nor would I blame Tony and Gus for holding the line on wages.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
murray has been an absolute star for us this season, i've always rated him but this year he has moved onto a higher level - brilliant all round play, well matched to gus's style plus over 20 goals. I really hope he stays, but would not consider him a judas if, out of contract with us, he accepted a better offer - nor would i blame tony and gus for holding the line on wages.

this

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Millwall DO NOT pay wages of that level. If Murray joins them, if won't be on anything like that.

The average Championship wage is £5,300 per week, and Millwall are a smaller club than average, with no sugar daddy.

They are loss-making, and recently had to make raise money from shareholders to pay off some of their debt.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think this needs to be a situation of 'in Gus we trust'.

As has been emphasised here, Murray has this year played very well and at a time when he is looking to add weight to contract negotiations. This is one really good season after several rather ordinary ones. Now how are things going to go when he does actually have this contract ? The opposition will be tougher and there will not be the motivation of the contract. There is no certainty that he will perform well one tier up and to my mind Gus needs to reserve some cash should he need to pursue alternatives once into the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Millwall DO NOT pay wages of that level. If Murray joins them, if won't be on anything like that.

The average Championship wage is £5,300 per week, and Millwall are a smaller club than average, with no sugar daddy.

They are loss-making, and recently had to make raise money from shareholders to pay off some of their debt.

I seem to reacll hearing something on the radio that as far as I remember stated that Millwall, do in fact, have a rich sugar daddy

Edit, this would suggest that they may well be able to double Glenn's wages - John Berylson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thank you. That was the news release that I was quoting from and the other info was from someone at the club.

It is still negotiations so you don't honestly expect the club to say we've made him an offer but we are prepared to go higher if necessary. If Murray and/or his agent came back and said all we want is another £500 per week and we sign don't you think the club would do that!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think this needs to be a situation of 'in Gus we trust'.

As has been emphasised here, Murray has this year played very well and at a time when he is looking to add weight to contract negotiations. This is one really good season after several rather ordinary ones. Now how are things going to go when he does actually have this contract ? The opposition will be tougher and there will not be the motivation of the contract. There is no certainty that he will perform well one tier up and to my mind Gus needs to reserve some cash should he need to pursue alternatives once into the season.

A lot of what you say depends on whether you think Murray played out of his skin and superbly for us just because he thought it would help his contract negotiations or possibly because for the first time that he has been here, he has been virtually injury free and fully fit!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Amazing ... I doubt that anyone on here has any idea what Glenn is currently earning, how much he's been offered on a new contract, how much he wants or what other clubs may be offering.

And we still get 12 pages of ridiculously uninformed guesswork and speculation.

Add to that some totally undeserved criticisms of him that are simply laughable.

Amazing ... I doubt that anyone on here has any idea what Glenn is currently earning, how much he's been offered on a new contract, how much he wants or what other clubs may be offering.

And we still get 12 pages of ridiculously uninformed guesswork and speculation.

Add to that some totally undeserved criticisms of him that are simply laughable.

Welcome to North Stand Chat.

...and I heard David Beckham was seen with GP and TB outside a doss house on Queens Park Rd, with the tooth fairy and Lord Lucan, and I defend my right to say it, as will several other mu..... people.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Big Question:

Was Muzza at the parade yesterday? Cant find a single picture of him. If he wasn't there it suggests that there's something definately wrong..... would sound like bridges being burned.

Edit: seems he was there ... just kept his head down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here