Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Looking Forward To Brighton Games

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11741_7028078,00.html

From the Newshound post, but thought it deserved to be on the Main Board. Is this the first he has said publicly since the move?

Despite scoring 22 goals to help the Seagulls clinch the League One title last term, striker Murray will be in for a hot reception when the sides meet after turning down a new contract to sign for their fierce derby rivals instead.

Brighton have since smashed their transfer record by signing Craig Mackail-Smith to replace Murray and are being tipped as dark horses for another promotion tilt.

But 27-year-old Murray is confident he made the right decision to leave the south coast and make the short trip up the A23 to south London.

"I'm looking forward to those two games especially, as I think our fans will be as well," he told Palace's official website.

"It's such a massive club. Palace were always in the top division when I was growing up so it's a big pull to play for a big club like this."

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He's gotta say something I s'pose.

Seeing what's happened since he left wouldn't surprise me if his wage demands weren't that outrageous - more that we had loftier ambitions and Murray couldn't take us there so he wasn't worth anything to us. Then a bit of face saving and a pat on the bonce?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What a twunt.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
"It's such a massive club. Palace were always in the top division when I was growing up so it's a big pull to play for a big club like this."

That in a nutshell is why Gus let him go. Both a lack of perception of size and also an obvious lack of ambition.

We only want winners at the Albion. Poor old Glen doesn't seem to be one.

TNBA

TTF

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm sure he's terrified.Most of the 12000 JCL glory hunters will not even know he played for you.

We'll take them. I'm sure you will too when you move into your new... Oh... You don't have a new ground do you? Never mind, I'm sure it'll come. Until then, you can dream the day when you return to your trailer without the smell of urine in your nostrils!

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
the truth may be unpalatable to the real fans but facts are facts.

glenn murray.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton have since smashed their transfer record by signing Craig Mackail-Smith to replace Murray and are being tipped as dark horses for another promotion tilt.

But 27-year-old Murray is confident he made the right decision to leave the south coast and make the short trip up the A23 to south London.

Ah, there's nothing quite like denial in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

To quote Mandy Rice-Davies, ""Well, he would, wouldn't he?"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"It's such a massive club. Palace were always in the second division when I was growing up so it's a big pull to play for a big club like this."

Corrected that for you Glenn. Six years out of the twenty eight (more or less) you have existed for does not quite constitute "always" in my book, but nice try at sucking up to the Palace fans.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm sure he's terrified.Most of the 12000 JCL glory hunters will not even know he played for you.

And how would they differ to the Palace posters being plastered around Croydon in a desperate vein attempt at scraping any old tom dick or harry together to reach 10k season ticket holders exactly?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who cares what he thinks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here