Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray in

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Andone was dreadful yesterday and looks poor unless used as sub

Have to change the formation as we are predictable/ easy to defend

Oh for Barnes and Wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Two banks of 4 and we will be able to defend whilst having space to run into

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Murray is pretty useless in the current set up of counter attacking football.

It’s not possible for him to hold up every single ball long enough for players to get around him, nor is he quick enough to then catch up with play and get into the box.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray is pretty useless in the current set up of counter attacking football.

It’s not possible for him to hold up every single ball long enough for players to get around him, nor is he quick enough to then catch up with play and get into the box.

It ain't rocket science is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry but there's far to much rubbish to unpack in that post.

I'll give you a hand.

Murray is not the future and we need to bed in the new strike force quickly

We have tens of millions of quids worth of strikeforce that has barely been used - that has to change

Playing the horse shoe formation will make any decent forward look like a showroom dummy - that has to change

Only a wiley old workhorse with some skills, and no need for pace, could score ten plus goals a season with our horse shoe formation, and only after several years in the side to get used to the crumbs, hopeful punts and occasional well worked moves

I want to see Andone, Locardia and wingers who cut in rather than just cross the ball. And I want to see the horse shoe back where it belongs - on the end of the leg of a horse.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
We played Andone yesterday like we would have Murray, expecting him to play with his back to goal, hold up play and knock headers on but thats not his game. Normally when thats not working for Murray, Andone comes on and runs at players and onto through balls and it is effective. So when he gets his start, why do we change the way he plays and play him like Murray?!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Yesterday the service to Andone was terrible yet on the rare occasions he did receive a pass, he seemed to have great difficulty actually controlling the ball.

This. Our first touch was, on the whole, pub team. The movement was awful too. No desire to run, fight for the ball, chase players - nothing. That's become a theme, and I've said it before on here. Either the players need a rocket up their arse, or they're not fit enough.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Perhaps if Andone had been given a similar amount of opportunities to a clearly out of form Murray we might be able to form that judgement.

So we're back to the old NSC adage 'you get better the less you play'.
Gross was getting a lot of grief for the games he has played, this season..

Just looked up some stats on Gross. Despite being missing for most of the season he has created 23 of our 69 "big chances" this season. 2nd highest from any other player is 8. Our entire midfield 3 have only created 6 between them.
With Gross in the side we are far more likely to score.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just looked up some stats on Gross. Despite being missing for most of the season he has created 23 of our 69 "big chances" this season. 2nd highest from any other player is 8. Our entire midfield 3 have only created 6 between them.
With Bungle Zippy & George in the side we are far more likely to score.

Edited for accuracy.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
At the moment it’s irrelevant who you play up top. We don’t create enough chances for them too actually score.

Murray done well yesterday but spent most of his time coming deep to pick up the ball...that’s not the way we should be playing.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I believe Murray should start every game when fit.
Alongside any of our more mobile forwards up front.
The only time to play him on his own is against a big 6 team perhaps. In my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:shootself:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here