Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray do England on TalkSport now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never ceases to amaze me, especially on Talksport, when a player finds some form and suddenly he is World Cup quality.
No pop at Murray, he has been great lately and I am very grateful but come on, it's ridiculous.
I am not much of an England fan, so if in some bizzare move he does go then I will be proud because Brighton have a player at the World Cup.

Lazy analysis.

I'm totally, utterly sick to DEATH of the "jam tomorrow" mentality when it comes to England. Apparently we're always targeting the next Euro's, or the next World Cup, with our oh-so-clever forward thinking selections that will (apparently) pay dividends in THE FUTURE, whenever the frig that is.

Bollocks. I don't give a shit HOW old our squad is. I couldn't give a toss about the fact that Murray is 34 and not "the future". We've got a World Cup in 3 months time - THATS the tournament I care about, not 2020 or 2022. So pick the players who are doing a job this season. Murray isn't a starter, obviously. But he offers another option that you don't get from all the younger speed-merchants that are perpetually picked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here