Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Could be out for a Year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? I don't see him as premier league class, just a journeyman striker who's had one exceptional season with the benefit of plenty of chances - including a load of penalties - from one of the more attack minded teams in the league.

He has banged in at least a goal every two games all through his career. This is slightly more than a single exceptional season.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Really? I don't see him as premier league class, just a journeyman striker who's had one exceptional season with the benefit of plenty of chances - including a load of penalties - from one of the more attack minded teams in the league.

I'm a Palace fan and I actually agree with this, however most of his 31 goals were from open play. Murray isn't Premiership class at all, many Palace fans think I'm mad for saying this but it's true...this season he's obviously played well but has had excellent service from likes of Zaha and Bolasie. Deliver a good ball into the box and he'll get on the end with some excellent finishing, but games when we are getting pinned back and need him to hold up the ball, his technique and touch isn't good enough and this has cost us. Wilbraham hasn't got the scoring ability that Murray has, but I genuinely believe we played better on Monday with him in the side since he held the ball up very well and brought others into the game. Murray still a legend for me, but yes definitely overrated by most and there is a good chance he won't have another season like this given his age, limitations and fact he's got a bad injury to overcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here