Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray and Smith should start Colchester game

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
I'm afraid that Woods and Batts should be relegated to the bench for the Colchester game. Murray should definitely start based on his terrific performance last night. I really hope he signs a new contract. Batts is clearly not good enough at the moment and was shown up last night, his movement was less than decent. Unless we sign any new players. Smith should start in place of Batts. I hope El Abd is fit for the next game.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It depends a bit doesn't it.

I think we are really, really missing Sparrow. He is the best central midfielder we've had in years in my book. We miss him a lot when he doesn't play (a lot like a lad called Hammond who once donned the stripes)

Start Wood and Murray.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I like Smith and would love to see more of him, but we've got Bridcutt and Sparrow (if fit) back for Colchester. Can't see Gus starting with Smith. Batti seems to have his good points, but still not good enough for this team yet.

Glenn would be first on my teamsheet everytime - but there may be more going on than we know about.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Batti would never have started if Bridcutt, Sparrow or Navarro was fit.

Having said that I am currently warming my car up to make the long drive to Buenos Aries to drop Batti off so he never comes near the team again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last 2 games have seen the same pattern - Smith and Murray for Batti and Barnes improves our team no end. Please start both against Colchester.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Smith and Murray have to start from now on, its obvious for all to see what a positive impact both made last night again. Murray looked a class above and Smith was confident and assured in possession and kept creating space for himself with his movement when he didn’t have the ball. Batti sadly doesn’t look like he’s up to it yet, time will tell but last night it was again obvious he’s not at the required level yet.

Without Murray’s service/knock downs Barnes looks an isolated figure.

Last edited:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
agree they were both quality, wood was a little disappointing looked a bit lost...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last 2 games have seen the same pattern - Smith and Murray for Batti and Barnes improves our team no end. Please start both against Colchester.

Wasn't there a period early this season where we started Kish and he did ok, but subbed him for bridcutt and Liam had a stormer, so in the next game we started him, but he only did ok, then kish came on and had a stormer, so kish started the next...

Perhaps Gus was trying to avoid that when he started Barnes and Batti for a second game.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
By the looks of it maybe Gus has to start Wood every game if fit only a guess though

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Very happy with starting them both. Smith might not be spectacular like Lua Lua but some of the chances he lays on and creates for the strikers are absolute quality and in fact, his final ball is often better (or certainly has been in the last 2 sub appearances). I think he deserves a run in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here