Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray and Hemed can play together!

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Just keep quoting that 17 goals thing (incl. 5 from penalties) from last season. It's his career highlight at this level. He won't get better.

17 goals in a season is fine. Would definitely settle the same this year.
When was the last time we had a striker that scored that many goals for us in a campaign?
Zamora... & that wasn't in the Championdhip. We need to upgrade Manu & perhaps Baldock. Not Murray/Hemed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I dont think Hemed would have scored our first goal. He would have worked ball onto right foot with every chance this delay shot would have been blocked

Yes possibly not. But his feet are much better than Murrays - he will hold a ball up & do some quick footed skill before laying it off. Glenn is exceptional at first time flicks / lay offs as well as being a better finisher. Both have similar AND different attributes tbf...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hemed is way more versatile than people think. CH can play him as a #10 and he does a pretty bang up job. He's a natural target man, but a real asset to the squad that he can adapt his game.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I never doubted it. Both have good footballing ethos and work hard for the purpose. When Murray won that penalty, and could have taken it himself, he wanted to give Hemed the goal. This told me a lot about them so it is quite likely that they will get better with time.

If we play more direct to suit them like yesterday with less faffing about on the wings they could score bucket loads as a unit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes possibly not. But his feet are much better than Murrays - he will hold a ball up & do some quick footed skill before laying it off. Glenn is exceptional at first time flicks / lay offs as well as being a better finisher. Both have similar AND different attributes tbf...

This is true, Hemed does have deceptively quick feet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We need another striker that's for sure - and one that will score regularly. But Hemed & Murray are good goalscorers for us & offer a lot to the team aside from goals. Hemed's feet are fantastic for a big man.

I'd LOVE to agree with you [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] cos you're a genuine good guy. But sad to say that Hemed's feet are RUBBISH for a big man striker. 17 goals last season, of which 5 were penalties and 5 were with his head. Like I say he's not a lot better than COG 2.0. Soon as Baldock has been crucified and fenelon'ed, you'll all be thinking about Hemed next season what I'm already thinking this season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd LOVE to agree with you [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] cos you're a genuine good guy. but Hemed's feet are RUBBISH for a big man striker. 17 goals last season, of which 5 were penalties and 5 were with his head. Like I say he's not a lot better than COG 2.0. Soon as Baldock has been crucified and fenelon'ed, you'll all be thinking about Hemed what i'm already thinking.

Have you been drinking? You are starting to talk rubbish :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Never been clearer in my assessment of Hemed. And why on EARTH would I be drinking on a warm weekend evening? :moo:

I remember your original assessment of Glenn Murray....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hemed is way more versatile than people think. CH can play him as a #10 and he does a pretty bang up job. He's a natural target man, but a real asset to the squad that he can adapt his game.

This. I actually find Hemed quite difficult to pin down, because he has a lot of qualities: good feet, silky touches, pretty good at holding the ball up, good in the air, good team worker. He is pretty slow though, and I do accept that Murray is the better finisher. And we do need another striker.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Saying Hemed is not a lot better than COG 2.0 is very harsh IMO.

I liked COG but he got us 3 goals compared to Hemed's 17. I know 5 of those were penalties but can you remember how COG's last pen went for us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here