Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Think you'll find that the two remaining schoolboys in the side, Solly March and JFC will soon be Feneloned out to pastures new, one level down, to be replaced by grown men.

We're nowhere near that yet? JFC is a better player in a better team and will be a useful squad member. Solly will be back up and if he improves his crossing he'll only go up the divisions, not down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We're nowhere near that yet? JFC is a better player in a better team and will be a useful squad member. Solly will be back up and if he improves his crossing he'll only go up the divisions, not down.

Face it, they're both the new Jake Robinson. Will probably both be playing for Whitehawk five years down the line.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Think you'll find that the two remaining schoolboys in the side, Solly March and JFC will soon be Feneloned out to pastures new, one level down, to be replaced by grown men.
I'm reluctant to get too into this as I smell a trap, but seriously, I couldn't disagree more.

I like the verb Feneloned though, that should catch on!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not really. Both 21. Which is Fenelon time :wave:

Apart from the fact fenlon had played what 2 games in the first team while both March and JFC have played considerably more. Keep fishing though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently Lua Lua was absolutely shattered at the end of the game, but still managed the burst of speed to get the penalty, so perhaps CH will bring in Murphy for him or possibly rest March. Dunk in for Greer as 4 games in 10 days may be too much for GG, possibly Ince or Holla for Stephens asa defensive option away from home.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not really. Both 21. Which is Fenelon time :wave:

I meant you might want to give it more than 24 hours before criticising a player who set up the win that sent us top having been on unexpectedly for all of about 5 minutes.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Murphy has been playing in the First Division which as we know is far different to the Championship. He will take time to get up to the pace of the game. His fee is also no more than we would expect for LuaLua or March. I believe him to be a good squad player starting some games but not others, at least initially. I believe he will be introduced off the bench.
Agree, expect we'll see Murphy eased into the first team over the course of a few games. March's industry down the right (along with Kaz on the other side) in the more adventurous 4-4-2 has been key to our good start - they understand exactly what's required of them in the current system. I wouldn't expect Murphy to be able to slot into such a demanding role straight away. Happy to be proven wrong on that!

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Stephens had a stinker!! I must have been at a difference game. Exactly what things did he do wrong?

Gave the ball away with cross field passes, and out of position a number of times. May well have tired in the game although imo is a weak link in the centre of the park. Appears to be a regular with houghton though. Even resting him, I would not always start him.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Anyone know what number Murphy will wear? Can't find any info about it on the club website. Possibly waiting for O'Grady to leave to free up the number 11? But then again he will need a number for Tuesday and can't see COG leaving before then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone know what number Murphy will wear? Can't find any info about it on the club website. Possibly waiting for O'Grady to leave to free up the number 11? But then again he will need a number for Tuesday and can't see COG leaving before then.

We can always hope or even Colunga go tomorrow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is funny the difference a year makes.

Huddersfield away on a Tuesday night, with big games on each Saturday either side.
Last season that would have been a 'get out of there with a point' fixture and the team would have been picked accordingly.

Now we don't want to disrupt a winning team.
That feels so good to write.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Face it, they're both the new Jake Robinson. Will probably both be playing for Whitehawk five years down the line.

OK a nibble on the line you threw from the riverbank.

Both are far better players than Jake, for a start neither avoid a tackle. The future of the club going forward is clearly to have more players coming through the development squad into the first team. Off loading either of these players to lower league teams will give the wrong signals, in terms of younger players being given a chance.

It should also not be overlooked that March spent virtually the whole of last season out due to injury, and the JFC was away with the England U21 tournament squad. Both have lots to offer going forward, and the likely depth of the squad for this season, will allow these players to come into the team, and then be rested and managed through the season rather than having to play all the time which at times causes their form to dip and their development slows.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope he plays two wingers on Tuesday. I know we're away, but we will need to win games like this if promotion is a serious ambition. So please Hughton, no shutting up shop playing for a point bollox please. Set them up to try and win it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope he plays two wingers on Tuesday. I know we're away, but we will need to win games like this if promotion is a serious ambition. So please Hughton, no shutting up shop playing for a point bollox please. Set them up to try and win it.

He played with 2 on Saturday so fitness permitting I see nothing to see him changing against an arguably weaker side imho

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Stephens had a stinker!! I must have been at a difference game. Exactly what things did he do wrong?

Passed the ball into their path twice by not looking where he was playing it, gave the ball away several times and even set up two of their attacks!! At one point he ball was passed to him and he was not even concentrating and was looking the other way. Not saying he is a bad player at all but he did have an off day as other posters also noticed. If it was due to illness then fair enough.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Passed the ball into their path twice by not looking where he was playing it, gave the ball away several times and even set up two of their attacks!! At one point he ball was passed to him and he was not even concentrating and was looking the other way. Not saying he is a bad player at all but he did have an off day as other posters also noticed. If it was due to illness then fair enough.

Admittedly, I wasn't at the match on Saturday but I thought both he (and March) were average at best against Forest. I wouldn't be at all sad if March was eased out. I agree with Tom, and I don't believe he is on a 'fishing' trip. We can do better than March, and the expensive signing of Murphy is a step in the right direction. Just because March is young, local, been out injured, blah blah blah I don't think that is reason to keep him in the side. This opinion may go against the grain of the folk of NSC but it is just my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here