Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy and March

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has March ever smashed the ball into the goal? Really properly traction engined it.

I'm beginning to think he's a very poor man Arsenal forward.
Requiring a perfect set of circumstances leaving him to just whiff the ball over the line, without even troubling the net.

All left foot...he's had 3/4 opportunities this season down the right attacking the north stand cutting in on goal and delivered a tame effort..confidence seems low.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Has March ever smashed the ball into the goal? Really properly traction engined it.

I'm beginning to think he's a very poor man Arsenal forward.
Requiring a perfect set of circumstances leaving him to just whiff the ball over the line, without even troubling the net.

He did score that rather special goal vs Norwich in a friendly a couple of years ago.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
March reminds me of Jake Robinson and Dean Cox - promises loads, has talent but is missing that something that would take him to the next level. Too often he just let's fly at goal when a quick look up followed by a cross to open players would and should have been his best option. We all want the lad to excel at The Albion but does he have what's needed? I'm beginning to think he hasn't.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
All left foot...he's had 3/4 opportunities this season down the right attacking the north stand cutting in on goal and delivered a tame effort..confidence seems low.

Agreed he will not use his right foot and cut inside every time when in possession never going outside. He seems to have no confidence when on his right foot and this needs to improve for him to move on. Murphy on the other hand looked to run at defenders on both sides and knows where the goal is.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
March played well, but Kaz was the best player in the whole division for August, so it would hardly be a surprise if he started.

You raise a good point. Murphy certainly deserves to keep his place but similarly how can you not make room for Lua Lua on current form when available?

Would Hughton be brave enough to throw them both on from the start in a tough away fixture though?

Great problem to have mind

I think I mentioned that in another thread a couple of days ago that Lua Lua's suspension might cost him his place in the team for a bit. And to be honest, that's the same for everyone. With such quality coming off the bench, anyone who drops their game at all is very radily replaced now. That's the position we want to be in, so a nice problem to have.

Murphy will have more difficult tests than Rotherham though, so I can see these two replacing each other frequently throughout the season. March has as much skill as both of them. What he lacks is self belief though. Manu must be thinking to himself. How do I break into this side ?

Can see Hughton personally bring Kaz back in to play down the left and Rosenior on the right, moving Murphy further up field to play off Hemed. Would be harsh on Baldock mind.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think March needs to go and find some confidence , the thing that surprised me was his lack of work rate , in the second half most of the time just stood and waited for the ball . He really needs to up his work rate and when he gets the ball try and get pass the defender and not keep passing backwards, needs to learn of lua lua and Murphy who was very good today

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
March was poor compared to Murphy the boy needs to up his game to figure big in Hughtons army!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Felt sorry for March, he looked lost, a boy in a mans game. You can see he has the talent but something is preventing him taking that extra step. I'm sure Hughton is desperate for him to come good hence he left him on as long as possible, but unfortunately he simply got worse. I saw Bruno constantly helping and encouraging him, I really like Bruno, he understood what was happening and did his best to encourage a young player in desperate need of confidence.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agreed he will not use his right foot and cut inside every time when in possession never going outside. He seems to have no confidence when on his right foot and this needs to improve for him to move on. Murphy on the other hand looked to run at defenders on both sides and knows where the goal is.

Murphy is a very two footed player though and has 6 years or so more experience than March.

It's up to the coaching staff to bring out the talent which March has and I think the more he plays the better he will get. I think we are now comparing him with obviously better players now as opposed to looking at him in isolation. He will get better and it is nice to think that the fans are now looking at Solly March as one of our weakest players. At the end of last season everyone was looking forward to him coming back. That in itself shows how strong our squad has become.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why keep playing him on the wrong side? If you want to play him on the right he needs to be a player who can cut inside and get a shot in, but he can't shoot for toffee. If he wants to cross the ball in let him do it with his left foot. I see him as more of a creator than a goal threat.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
March and JFC seriously need to be feneloned down a division on loan to see if they sink or swim. They ARE the weakest links, U21's or no U21's.

Sorry Tom but JFC has only played 4 minutes this season in which he made the winning goal for us. If you are a Brighton supporter (which I presume you are ) then why are you dissing a player whose only input this season is to provide a winning goal?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry Tom but JFC has only played 4 minutes this season in which he made the winning goal for us. If you are a Brighton supporter (which I presume you are ) then why are you dissing a player whose only input this season is to provide a winning goal?

Because I saw him play last season?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murphy looked the business, seems to seriously enjoy running at defenders.

Thought Murphy was fantastic. He and Stephens clear mom's for me. The game was a 3 or 4 nil game for sure but we seem good at closing out games this season. The contrast is phenomenal from last season!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because I saw him play last season?
The question mark suggests you're not sure of your reason. The team as a whole was gash last season, so it was difficult for anyone to stand out (I'm not saying there aren't exceptions). JFC could become a good player for us, and I doubt we're paying him much, so I see no reason to write him off at this stage.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The question mark suggests you're not sure of your reason. The team as a whole was gash last season, so it was difficult for anyone to stand out (I'm not saying there aren't exceptions). JFC could become a good player for us, and I doubt we're paying him much, so I see no reason to write him off at this stage.

Like I say, drop him down a division on loan and see if he sinks or swims.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suspect he is simply on a bad run. His confidence looks shot. He has forgotten the fundamentals. He makes a pass then stands still. Pass and Move. And make yourself available. Work hard and it will come.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

Agree Trig. Last season KLL was pretty poor. At the beginning of last season JFC was putting in some defense splitting passes but no one was there to receive them. Please give our young players a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Felt sorry for March, he looked lost, a boy in a mans game. You can see he has the talent but something is preventing him taking that extra step. I'm sure Hughton is desperate for him to come good hence he left him on as long as possible, but unfortunately he simply got worse. I saw Bruno constantly helping and encouraging him, I really like Bruno, he understood what was happening and did his best to encourage a young player in desperate need of confidence.

That is exactly as I saw it boy against men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here