Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Multiple shootings in Plymouth

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I long worried about a former good friend of mine who had gone down the incel path, but because I thought we were in the UK he couldn't do anything like this, so this is very worrying. The incel corner of the internet is such a dark and disturbing place, its an insane ideology, it definitely is a terrorism offence.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so what does terror related mean ....one dead , several injured but not terror related...?? in Plymouth...?? help me here..! ffs.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Unfortunately you get used to these gun shootings with multiple fatalities in the States but seeing it happen in a place like Plymouth is really shocking

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He worked in the dockyard, so must have had to pass security clearance. How the heck did he pass and get a gun licence?

[tweet]1426134736712384513[/tweet]

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Don't you just love the British press? Watched some of the live press conference and straight off the bat they were questioning police response times. Not unsurprisingly the Chief Constable indicated that he thought 6 minutes was pretty good. Sensible he did add that any police failings that might emerge later would of course be addressed. What irked me was how the reporter was straight on it with no apparent justification. It must have been a nightmarishly fluid situation so can we not give the police a break before the facts are known.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Incel has become quite a big thing in my kid's generation, particularly amongst my son's autistic peer group.

There are a lot of isolated young men, who are becoming more politicised within their social media echo chamber.
There are plenty of American/right-wing/religious commentators that will tell them that feminists/liberals are depriving them of their "right" to a sex-life.

Identifying as a discriminated against Incel, rather than a socially awkward Virgin, is clearly more appealing to them.
Throw in a decent chunk of mental health issues, exacerbated by the pandemic/lockdown and sadly this type of thing can happen.

Calling this out as a terrorist incident will do nothing to stop these types of cases from occurring.
This is a mental health issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here