Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mullery Dinner

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep really good night
Mullers gave good talk saying how the best time in football was the five years here and be loves this club so much.
Also said he expects us to be in the prem very soon and it is in such safe hands.
Nice stories of the old days from lawrenson Horton catlin and smith on stage

Peter ward cried on stage as was so emotional seeing all the old gang again. He is legend.

Amazing to see so many legends of the past. All so friendly.
Teddy maybank was peed out of his head as was Steve foster.

Paul Barbour told Phil Beale in vip room before event that Poyet was not even close to leaving and was never going to happen.
Phil Beale was on my table and recounted this to us early on.
I also overheard Martin perry saying he was staying.

Great night.

Cheers for all the insights.
Sounds like an amazing night!

Great to see Foster got invited and was there, only because we never seem to hear much about him at the Amex. Great servant in 2 spells and an England CB.

Were there any outbreaks of Albion songs at all?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No.

There was some VT from people that couldn't make it - Gary Stevens, Roy Hodgeson, Alex Ferguson, Jeff Stelling etc but no sign of John Gregory.

Probs just as well really. Nobody would've recognised the old tosser if he was stood there with a Seagull on his head. :wink:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
A couple of board members were talking last night about forming the sort of ex-players' association that they have at clubs including Villa and Everton, inviting a few to every home game - and not just the big names but players who played at Gillingham and Withdean.

I was invited to Stanford Bridge a few seasons back on a corperate event. Great meal, got shit faced all for free and the game was crap. Anyway Kerry Dixon walked in the lounge all suited and booted and walked around with a massive ego shaking everyone's hand. At the time I did not have a clue who he was (bit blured) and I thought he made himself look a right plum. Probably good for Chelsea fans but not for me and I dont think there were that many chelsea fans in the corperate lounge, they were all business people hob nobbing.

I reckon they should just walk around the concourses and mix with the masses with a charity bucket in their hands rather than mince around the corperate lounges talking to people that dont know them.

Back in the Goldstone days I spent a few games in the sponsors seats and oh how times have changed. We walked into the sponsors lounge (no seats) and on the table was a tray of sandwiches, basket of crisps and a crate of Hoffmeister. Liam Brady walked in and cracked a few yarns and then buggered off for a team talk, 'brilliant'.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Looks like a great night! The Amex is already haunted though which is a bummer...
578181_10151553882456635_1782216192_n.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A couple of board members were talking last night about forming the sort of ex-players' association that they have at clubs including Villa and Everton, inviting a few to every home game - and not just the big names but players who played at Gillingham and Withdean.

The idea of an Albion Old Boys' Club has been kicking around for a while now (long enough for an Albion Old Ideas' Club to be formed). I think the person who was looking to set it up has had other things dumped on his lap.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Poor old Spidey certainly hasn't aged well.

If you hadn't put on there who he was, I would never have recognised him from his slim, athletic old self.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I was talking to Peter Sayer about the very same thing last night. A few of the players that were there last night seemed keen but it needs someone with a bit of drive to organise it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Also went lastnight and agree it was a great evening .. Mullers gave a good speech as did Lawro and Nobby. Mullers did say around the time that Lawro was sold to Liverpool he had agreed a 400k fee with fat Ron at M.utd with the agreement that he could pick any 2 of there starting 11. Asked him at the end who he would have got and he said he hadn't even decided before the Liverpool deal was agreed by Mr Bamber. Also spoke to Tony and Chris Cattlin and Wardy all top blokes ... would def go again to something of the same ilk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks for the reports and pictures, I would've loved to have been there.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Didnt recognise who was in pictures 1, 5, 6, and 7 Pat Jennings hasnt changed much though

1 Phil Beal
5 Sammy Morgan and Gerry Fell
6 Steve Piper, Sammy Morgan and Gerry Fell,
7 Phil Beal again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here