Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ms LC wants to have a pay as you go mobile,

Ms LC wants to have a pay as you go mobile,

she likes style but doesn't like too much IT and fiddling around,

any recommendations, deals, stockists??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
try virgin mobile....does second hand reconned phones ( some of the top makes) at really good prices.

used them a few times

very good

try virgin mobile....does second hand reconned phones ( some of the top makes) at really good prices.

used them a few times

very good

Dear Granny thanks for the tip but unable to find any link to reconditioned phones?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ring them......we did a while ago and found out this little gem

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
she likes style but doesn't like too much IT and fiddling around

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Mmmm. Style, simplicity of use.....there's only one phone for her and that's the iPhone.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
She could get a cheap contract phone for £10 a month. Hardly worth the hassle of keep topping up.

She could get a cheap contract phone for £10 a month. Hardly worth the hassle of keep topping up.

Unless she really gets into it this time, it will spend most of its time dwelling in the depths of the handbag picking up texts.

But I reckon if she could get internet access, e-mail she might start using it big style.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Mmmm. Style, simplicity of use.....there's only one phone for her and that's the iPhone.

but aren't they really expensive its only Ms LC

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
spAsda Mobile is JP (Just Peachy), it's on the Vodaphone network, 4p per text, 8p per call on pay as you go, cheapo phones to boot.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Go to orange and get on one of their "animal" deals. Lots of free shit with them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Go to orange and get on one of their "animal" deals. Lots of free shit with them.

I'm considering this. Currently I am paying about £15 a month on pay-as-you-go. By moving to Orange 'dolphin' I still pay £15 a month (because I'll never get through the minutes/texts), but I'll get a free new phone every 2 years.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I second Nibble's Orange recommendation

All of their animal packages offer you free something. I'm on Dolphin I think but get free texts messages and free access to Facebook. Other packages give you free off peak calls or free data etc. Just choose the one that is best for you. The amount of free time/texts etc you get depend on how much you top up.

Also, 10% of every top up you make goes into what Orange call a 'phone fund'. When you come to buy your next Orange PAYG from Orange, the phone fund amount becomes a discount off the new phone

I've got a Nokia 3600 in pink which is £49 plus mandatory £20 top up. The Orange website only shows it closed, but open, the keypad is cascading shades of pink, and if she is a pink lover, she will really like it. It's also very easy to use.

Link to the phone is here Nokia 3600 slide in pink pay as you go mobile phone - the Orange shop

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I second Nibble's Orange recommendation

All of their animal packages offer you free something. I'm on Dolphin I think but get free texts messages and free access to Facebook. Other packages give you free off peak calls or free data etc. Just choose the one that is best for you. The amount of free time/texts etc you get depend on how much you top up.

Also, 10% of every top up you make goes into what Orange call a 'phone fund'. When you come to buy your next Orange PAYG from Orange, the phone fund amount becomes a discount off the new phone

I've got a Nokia 3600 in pink which is £49 plus mandatory £20 top up. The Orange website only shows it closed, but open, the keypad is cascading shades of pink, and if she is a pink lover, she will really like it. It's also very easy to use.

Link to the phone is here Nokia 3600 slide in pink pay as you go mobile phone - the Orange shop

just noted your sig.....am looking at OU A219- Exploring the Classics

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
just noted your sig.....am looking at OU A219- Exploring the Classics

You will love it. I'm about to take exam for K225 (mental health) in 10 days, and I start my next course in Nov (K272 mental health), got the materials for it today

You should have a chat with Lush too, as she is doing English with OU and may well have studied that course already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here