Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mrs Slocombe's Pussy

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Jason Watkins is a brilliant actor, check out The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies, simply amazing in that.

I don't remember watching much of the original AYBS, but from what I've seen it was a decent enough homage. A good choice of actors to play the roles too.

I was fearful that Porridge would try and recreate the Ronnie Barker Fletch character which would have failed before it had even started. It wasn't too bad overall, a lot better than I was expecting.

I was going to post something about the Christopher Jefferies thing. Quality drama with him as the undoubted star.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just watched both. Won't be doing that again!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I enjoyed both. Both provided some laughs. Guy who played Fletch did a really good job.

Kevin Bishop. He seems to have found a niche playing Cockney wideboys, as he was excellent playing Barry Hearn in the Rack Pack earlier in the year.

I thought Porridge was OK. It had some cheap laughs, although I felt the script was a bit too cliched. The Scottish prison officer just seemed to be a blatant copy of MacKay. The guy who played Finchy in The Office played a decent part as the bruiser, but otherwise I wasn't too enamoured by the support cast.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kevin Bishop. He seems to have found a niche playing Cockney wideboys, as he was excellent playing Barry Hearn in the Rack Pack earlier in the year.

I thought Porridge was OK. It had some cheap laughs, although I felt the script was a bit too cliched. The Scottish prison officer just seemed to be a blatant copy of MacKay. The guy who played Finchy in The Office played a decent part as the bruiser, but otherwise I wasn't too enamoured by the support cast.
Thought the Barraclough equivalent was well casted/acted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here