Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mrs Browns Boys

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heads up, know there are more than a few Mrs Browns fans on here. Hugely anticipated new series of Britains favourite sitcom this Friday, rumours John Bishop is making a guest appearance in the first episode :lolol: . First new series in more than a decade :ohmy: Just hope it's as good as the old stuff.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It almost certainly will be of the same quality.
That's pretty much what I was thinking, though I'd argue that the 'almost' in your post is redundant

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It'll probably turn into another Last of the Summer Wine which plodded on for over 30 years. At the end nobody really wanted it but some one in the BBC kept commissioning another series. It's a peculiar form of masochism unique to the Brits.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Heads up, know there are more than a few Mrs Browns fans on here. Hugely anticipated new series of Britains favourite sitcom this Friday, rumours John Bishop is making a guest appearance in the first episode :lolol: . First new series in more than a decade :ohmy: Just hope it's as good as the old stuff.
Keep posting shite. Somebody might appreciate it (between here and Bejing, there might be someone who thinks it's a hoot). Probably not on NSC though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Four years ago, Mrs Brown's Boys, the BBC sitcom described by one critic as “infantile, talent-deficient and entirely unfunny”, and another as “lazy, end-of-pier trash rooted in the 1970s”, was voted the best British sitcom of the 21st century in a public poll.

The British public are the reason we can’t write the Tory’s off in the GE.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Ricky Gervais needs quoting here. He is correct when he says the way to address comedy is that you don't find something funny, not "MBB is shit and you will listen to me".

I don't find the Royle Family funny but many people do. I was shouted down on here once for that. "How dare you not find the RF funny you idiot."

For the record, with having an Irish background, I do find some of MBB funny but very samey now.

To actually start a thread on it to tell the NSC world how crap it is is pretty wankish. I find.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Four years ago, Mrs Brown's Boys, the BBC sitcom described by one critic as “infantile, talent-deficient and entirely unfunny”, and another as “lazy, end-of-pier trash rooted in the 1970s”, was voted the best British sitcom of the 21st century in a public poll.

The British public are the reason we can’t write the Tory’s off in the GE.
They also voted to name a new boat Boaty McBoatface. Polls can be rigged, GEs not so much.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ricky Gervais needs quoting here. He is correct when he says the way to address comedy is that you don't find something funny, not "MBB is shit and you will listen to me".

I don't find the Royle Family funny but many people do. I was shouted down on here once for that. "How dare you not find the RF funny you idiot."

For the record, with having an Irish background, I do find some of MBB funny but very samey now.

To actually start a thread on it to tell the NSC world how crap it is is pretty wankish. I find.
Exactly this. It takes all sorts and pretty much everything in life is subjective: food; music; fashion; design; comedy; film; people. People should do, wear, eat and like whatever they want – and I'll do the same – without anyone else being bothered about it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Exactly this. It takes all sorts and pretty much everything in life is subjective: food; music; fashion; design; comedy; film; people. People should do, wear, eat and like whatever they want – and I'll do the same – without anyone else being bothered about it.
Agreed but, just to restate, Mrs Brown's Boys is objectively utter toilet.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Agreed, but just to restate, Mrs Brown's Boys is objectively utter toilet.
Well clearly not – at its peak there were 11m people watching it! I share your opinion, but objective, it aint :thumbsup:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
As I said, YOU find it objectively utter toilet.
That was kind of the joke...

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do 11 million people actually watch it, or are they just the ones who leave the telly on while they go to the kitchen, make a brew or refill their wine, empty the dishwasher and check the kids are asleep?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here